Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2022, 11:34 AM   #1

Ocesana shower door

does anyone know where to get parts for ocesana shower door parts. Im looking for rollers and the part at the bottom that holds the door in the bottom track
firedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2022, 01:11 PM   #2

eBay, and Newell coach, I have bought from both. FYI the roller wheels are over $100 each if memory serves. The black guides at the bottom I rebuilt myself with generic springs from Home Depot. Nothing is inexpensive for that thing.
2002 Country Coach Affinity 42' #6063 CAT C12 505hp & Matching Featherlite Trailer or 2009 Lexus GX Toad
MarylandRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 09:04 PM   #3

I bought these for mine, priced lower now than I paid. This seller has other parts as well. Ships from Italy.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/253245707375
'01 Country Coach Affinity 42 #6012 Cat C12 505hp
16 Wrangler
sbeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 05:31 AM   #4

great thank you very much
Old 08-11-2022, 03:50 PM   #5

who has good knowledge on these half round doors. I cant seem to keep the lower hooks in the track when i slide it and it rubs the upper track with the outside of door. I have tried moving the top rollers with no help
Old 08-23-2022, 03:05 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I'm with you on this. I've adjusted the door rollers on our Cesana shower several times. If I adjust it where the door closes flush from top to bottom the bottom guides pop out. If I adjust it level so the bottom guides stay hooked, then there is a slight gap in the door when closed.
I also replaced the gray plastic strip around the top that the rollers roll on.
But, all in all it's a much better quality enclosure compared to ones I see in the new coaches.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:28 AM   #7

I had that too. Likely the rail that spans the opening is sagging. So when the door rolls along the opening, the alignment changes due to the sag and it rubs or the guides pop out. I have read threads where folks have replaced the rail, but that requires lots of disassembly of the unit.

I adjusted mine as best I could, and I added some teflon tape to the door where it rubs on the rail. I got this tape from Zip Dee for my awning arm sliders, and it is nice stuff. Very sticky, thin, and slick.

The sagging comes from use and travelling with the door closed. The best advice is to travel with it open. There are threads that describe a door lock available from Newell (search for Newell Cesana door lock), but we simply removed the cap near the wall and inserted a big screwdriver with a plastic hook bungee cord and hold the door open for travel days.
'01 Country Coach Affinity 42 #6012 Cat C12 505hp
16 Wrangler
sbeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 08:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeers View Post
I had that too. Likely the rail that spans the opening is sagging. So when the door rolls along the opening, the alignment changes due to the sag and it rubs or the guides pop out. I have read threads where folks have replaced the rail, but that requires lots of disassembly of the unit.

I adjusted mine as best I could, and I added some teflon tape to the door where it rubs on the rail. I got this tape from Zip Dee for my awning arm sliders, and it is nice stuff. Very sticky, thin, and slick.

The sagging comes from use and travelling with the door closed. The best advice is to travel with it open. There are threads that describe a door lock available from Newell (search for Newell Cesana door lock), but we simply removed the cap near the wall and inserted a big screwdriver with a plastic hook bungee cord and hold the door open for travel days.

Sagging is the most likely problem, but the top bar is probably fine, it is the connectors that hold the top bar that go bad and cause the bar to sag. Each connectors is about $100 each, you need 2, it took less then an hour to remove the top bar, replace the connectors and replace the bar. The rollers on top may also need replacing, they are 20 years old, also about $100 each if needed. I rebuilt the bottom black guids myself with generic springs from Home Depot. Every thing now works as designed with both rollers always riding on the rail. the bottom guides staying in the grove, and when closed no gap in the door. I also replaced the top strip, as mine was coming apart. The problem is a design flaw by Country Coach as described, riding down the road with the door closed, putting all the bouncing on the center bar that has no support under it. The proper way is to drive with the door open putting all the pressure on the glass panel below it. I do have the latch from Newell Coach. I believe it was $15 and worth every penny. All of this was not inexpensive to fix ( but not long or difficult eather), and it now woks as new.
2002 Country Coach Affinity 42' #6063 CAT C12 505hp & Matching Featherlite Trailer or 2009 Lexus GX Toad
Old 08-25-2022, 10:43 AM   #9

you hit the nail on the head my bar is sagging as i push up and door seems to be fine. But where did you find new connectors for the bar
Old 08-25-2022, 06:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedan View Post
you hit the nail on the head my bar is sagging as i push up and door seems to be fine. But where did you find new connectors for the bar
They are on eBay, or you can buy from Newell, the latch is from Newell, I have bought from both.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E1D2195E-1027-4930-BC3B-230EC2F0A045.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	397.2 KB
ID:	374585   Click image for larger version

Name:	FC4606EA-B499-4ED7-BB89-A339124BB10C.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	322.0 KB
ID:	374586  

Old 09-08-2022, 04:37 AM   #11

thanks for the great info rmaryland rich i have got the door holder but have not been able to locate the bar connectors few days of searching the web and ebay. anymore insight
Old 09-08-2022, 05:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedan View Post
thanks for the great info rmaryland rich i have got the door holder but have not been able to locate the bar connectors few days of searching the web and ebay. anymore insight
https://www.ebay.com/itm/25476298565...a7bd%7Ciid%3A1
Old 09-08-2022, 06:57 PM   #13

well dang that was quick thank you
Old 09-09-2022, 05:24 AM   #14

do you happen to have a part number for the latch

Tags
door, shower