Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2023, 05:49 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Opinion on models

Hello,
We have narrowed down our intial (Hopefully final) selection on CC / RV style / year.
2007 a few but Affinity 700.

3 different 2008 (Two do not have the particulate filter most I hear do not like) all Magna 630 two are Rembrandts other 2 are Van Gough.

All in the $199,000 to 230,000 range the Affinity is $320's

(Also found a King Aire 2012 $290,000)

All seem to be in the 60,000 to 80,000 mile range

spoke to owners all good Cond the Affinity really good cond but had modification that are not our taste but could live with ( all wood floors we wanted tile) so we are paying a $25,000 premium for something that we really do not need. But like the one owner all other coaches have had 2 and 1 had 3 owners.

2 have the Good Sam Gold warranty and has 2.5 years left would only pickup the $300.00 a month cost

Thanks so much for your input!!
kid gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2023, 06:33 AM   #2

You should call Olstrom Custom Coach. My Magna is consigned to them to sell. Many upgrades and updates done. Very clean coach.
Markbirdnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 06:35 AM   #3

Olstrom Custom Coach in Tucson, 520 624 2024
Markbirdnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 04:33 PM   #4

Opinions!

> I'd prefer to have a Pre DPF engine

> Affinity/Magna? IF the right, for us, Affinity had come along first - and it all checked out well - I'd have been OK with an Affinity. My target coach this time around, was the Magna, with either CAT C-13, or ISX600 (Dirty, non DPF.). Mechanically the Affinity and Magna's of that era were the same. And while the all Affinity were custom paint based upon whomever ordered it - which is nice, as you won't see the same paint scheme coming down the road - the downside to the Affinity, was the Flush Windows. They DO look cool!! But I think most Affinity owner's will confirm that they can be more problematic ahead, then the Non Flush windows of the Magna. Both coaches, will have the opportunity of window fogging repairs over the years. But the flush Affinity windows, can also result in water penetration problems into the fiberglass. ----- Again, if an Affinity had come along that we liked well, and had no evidence of previous problems - then I would have gone with one of them. BUT, I would have known to watch out - and be prepared for the potential of problems ahead.

> No real opinion on the different floor plans, as it's just to personal of what a specific person likes.

> At the ages of these coaches. One, two or even three owner's really is not much of a concern to me. It's when these owner's do not pass on their 'Documentation of Care' - that I get a bit nervous! A three owner coach with folders of all owner's repairs and maintenance, would be preferred over a one owner coach with none to little documentation... to me!

Happy hunting, and have some fun. Certainly a Win/Win with either model!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 05:41 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I went on that site last week no Magna and just checked a few minutes ago no Magna?
What are you asking for it? Year and miles?
Old 03-28-2023, 05:44 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks guys for info!!!