Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #1

KZ RV Club
Oregon Motor Coach update - Lamb

Here's a picture of the clean slide . . . look at the "Becoming a Bad Dream" thread for the nasty ones. New carpet is installed, dry rot is now a distant memory (okay, it's still a painful one!) and the slide will be reinstalled soon. Dry rot around the door is gone, no more rust on the step, and equally important, the sources of these leaks are fixed. OMC has been great about frequent updates and pix! We're still on track for our pick up on the 24th . . . time to bring the poor thing home!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clean slide.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	12126   Click image for larger version

Name:	new carpet.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	12127  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #2

KZ RV Club
More pics . . . the sage continues. We chose to replace all the carpet in the coach rather than just the carpet on the front driver's side slide (which we knew had black mold in it and the pad). OMC pulled up the carpet in the bedroom and found mold. The pics are of the driver's side bedroom slide when they pulled off the bottom rail. It came off without much effort, and you can see the rust behind it. The next pic is of the bottom rail replaced. Bob said that the majority of the water damage was from the top seals and the bottom rails on both driver's side slides and the passenger side bedroom slide. Apparently the passenger side front slide escaped damage . . . we deserved a break! OMC is really pushing themselves considering the amount of water damage and work done on that coach, and we are still on track to arrive at OMC Sunday afternoon, spend the night in the coach, and then do a walk through with OMC Monday. The rebuilt driver's side front slide should be in tomorrow and we should get pictures of it then.They have absolutely made good on everything they've promised, and we can't wait to see the coach!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottom rail rusty.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	12278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottom rail new.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	12279  

Old 07-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Good luck. I hope everything goes well when you go to pick it up.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #4

KZ RV Club
Me too! I will post pics of the "new" coach.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #5

You are in good hands at OMCC. A large scale rebuild on a late model CC is of course their specialty. Thier team under Bobs leadership is now the most experienced group "Catering to COUNTRY COACH" , repair and remodeling in the country.
It cannot be said anyone is the best. It can be said who is the most capable with the finest of results. Employing the highest of standards within the cumulative CC experience.
OMCC passes all the tests. Friendliness, capabilities, quality product.
That does not mean that other Lane County Centers do not make the grade.
MANY DO.
How has everything worked out since you took delivery?
If possible what was the rounded ballpark cost?
MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #6

KZ RV Club
I posted an update and pictures under "Nightmare is just about over" . . . I think I started too many threads about our coach! It is absolutely beautiful, and we're very happy with it. One thing that is really disgusting in retrospect is the fact that I have NO sinus/allergy problems in the coach anymore, and I was waking up with a sinus headache every morning in the coach when we first got it. Small wonder with all the MOLD. Eewwww.

Regarding the cost . . . we're just not comfortable giving that information out because there was so much included in the cost, both necessary repairs, and upgrades we chose (such as replacing the 3M tape on the front). We did get the PTO repair done, which was not terribly expensive, but we have a cousin who had the PTO sieze up, and it cost him nearly 10 times what the repair is! I definitely would recommend any Country Coach to get that done PRIOR to it going out!! I will say that the cost was extremely fair given the huge amount of man hours necessary . . . it wasn't really the materials that cost money, but the man hours. OMC definitely stuck to their estimate, but we did increase the cost as we added things to be done. For example, we could have gotten away with replacing just the carpet on the slides, but we chose to recarpet the entire coach, so we couldn't expect OMC to cover the cost of that.