Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #1

Ovation 2004

We are looking at purchasing a preowned Class A and have found a 2004 Country Coach Ovation 42 with 20,000 miles. Can anyone tell us about this model, pros/cons, troubles etc.
switham is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #2

Switham - I think Ovation is a sub model under one of the main model names. Is it an Allure? We have had our 2002 Country Coach for almost three years now. They are very well made, very good performing motor homes. Likely the best value for the money in a higher end coach. 2004 was a good year for CC's. Past that and more of the "National" effect started to happen.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I think the Ovation is a model in the Intrigue line. A very good coach, nothing wrong with it.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #4

If it is an Intrigue that is one of the very top coaches made that year if my memory is correct. I believer the RVCG gave it a five star rating in the 42 length. 20,000 miles is low for an 8 year old coach. Lack of use can cause issues with rubber seals and such getting dry. Also motors not run for a long time is not a good thing. You should check every thing before agreeing on a price. These are big complex motor homes with lots of high end fru fru. We really like ours, but we have made good use of the extended warranty we got with it. Stuff does go out. But the bones of this model are as good as it gets.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #5

We have a 2004 Intrigue Ovation First Street and we LOVE it.

PM me if you would like to discuss the coach.

Mike...
Flameryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #6

Thanks much for the advance and insight. Do believe this rig has been sitting a while since, the seller disclosed a couple of leaks - one in the bathroom ceiling at a seam and another on the large kitchen slider. Been doing the research on this vehicle and it also seems that the front cap was painted "due to scuffs and scratches and the rear cap replaced due to fiberglass damage." I will look under the rear and front carriage to see how extensive the damage may have been. What caught my eye was that it did not have a ladder in the rear, which suggested to me it may not have been replaced post damage. Anyone know if all came with ladders? I will run the VIN to see if there were reported accidents etc.... thanks to all for the advice. Anybody had leak problems with their ovation?
switham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
At some point CC stopped putting ladders on their coaches. At a factory homecoming, someone asked Bob Lee why no ladders. His answer was "because you old farts don't need to be on the roof".
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote