Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:04 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Owner's advice, please

I am looking to step up from my Dynasty to a bigger, better equipped coach. I can spend around $150k for my new rolling home. My must-have list includes AquaHot and air leveling. Heated tile floors would be real nice. The coaches I have been drawn to are 2004-07 Magna and Intrigue and Beaver Patriot Thunder.
I've been driving a nearly 41 foot motorhome for years so a 45' doesn't scare me.
I've researched Beaver's online brochures for features but Winnie seems to have purged the interwebs of Country Coaches.
Can you fine folks help me out and provide some of the pluses for CC over my Monaco and the Beavers? And things to watch out for, as well.
thanks
norwestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2016, 10:46 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I found the Intrigue to be the best bang for the buck. I looked closely at Beaver coaches and they are, indeed, a fine coach. I'm very happy with my Intrigue. Not having owned either a Monaco or a Beaver, I can't discuss the pros and cons of CC over them.

I would suggest going to Premier RV and visit their showroom. They have a wide selection of quality high-line coaches. Their website gives a good overview of the coaches they have currently, but a visit to their indoor showroom is the way to go.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlAda View Post
I found the Intrigue to be the best bang for the buck. I looked closely at Beaver coaches and they are, indeed, a fine coach. I'm very happy with my Intrigue. Not having owned either a Monaco or a Beaver, I can't discuss the pros and cons of CC over them.

I would suggest going to Premier RV and visit their showroom. They have a wide selection of quality high-line coaches. Their website gives a good overview of the coaches they have currently, but a visit to their indoor showroom is the way to go.
Yep, walk in there just to look and come out with a new (to you) motorhome, Carl is a expert at that!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 10:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Yep, walk in there just to look and come out with a new (to you) motorhome, Carl is a expert at that!
HaHa, Dean! Yup. True story!
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #5

Before purchasing our CC, we drove Monaco and Beaver. The Monaco rolled all over the road and didn't give the firm ride I was looking for. The Beaver cabinets are really pretty and their water manifold is great. Touring all the factories gave us a chance to see how they are built and talk to the workers, not so much at Monaco and Beaver.

In the CC line, you will get the best bang for the buck with the Intrigue. The Magna and Affinity has more "foo foo" which equates to more confusion for the owner trying to make everything work. It all works but sometimes the coach is smarter that the owner. Also a 45ft Intrigue will have more storage than either the Magna or Affinity
Old 12-18-2016, 02:25 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Our 07 Allure has all on your list....Aqua Hot, air leveling, heated tile floors and more. It is really a solid coach. I can't imagine any coach this size handling better.

In a perfect world I would love to have a bigger engine. Agree that the Intrigue is a sweet spot in CC lineup since they do have the bigger motor...500+ HP and more torque than the Cummins ISL or CAT C-9 you would find in the Allures.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:41 PM   #7

Agree the Intrigue is the sweet spot in the CC lineup. Good content with BIG BLOCK CAT available as an option. That being said, if you fined an Affinity or Magna that you like, both would be fine coaches, with more then adequate power. (It comes down to want you like, interior and option wise.) And like Gary, we do like our Allure. We liked the simpler interior, with still great materails and wood workmanship. And though older then Gary's, it also has the Hydro Hot, heated tile floors. And being lighter then the Intrigue/Magna/Affinity coaches - the ISL370(Flashed to 400) has good power to weight ratio numbers, along with a two stage compression Jake (As the higher end CC's do too.)

All that being said, the Executive/Signature (And equivalent Holiday Rambler's) Monaco coaches are excellent. I feel their Roadmaster chassis at that level of coach, actually provide better 'handling' then the equivalent Country Coaches Dynamax chassis. (Subjective for sure, but for many years under National's ownership, the CC emphasis more towards Cadillac vs BMW handling. Adding Road King's and Source Engineering air 'check valves' does greatly improve the handling of the CC's. And note. Though I own an Allure, in my search, I drove Intrigues, Magna's, but no Affinity coaches. I did drive Monaco Executive and Signatures, as well as Beaver Patriot Thunder and Marquis. I mention this, because I have driven those coaches as comparison...)

To me, one big advantage of the Executive and Signature is the availability of the Cummins ISM and or Detroit engines. I would for sure not mind having a BIG CAT, especially an older C12 - but would prefer the ISM and Detroit.

All of the above is again very dependent upon specific model year, and thus engine year too. I liked older with less smog stuff on it, and shopped accordingly.

Last comment is just a reminder that in almost every state, a 45' does require a special Driver's License. Many 40-44' coaches, will allow you in many states to not need a special DL.

All of the above coaches are keepers in my book, even the Allure!) So I would go kick many tires, look over many interiors and layouts. Determine which ones will meet what you want. Then go shopping to find the best condition rig that you can!

Best of luck to you. And of course, opinions will vary!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:43 PM   #8

http://http://www.premierrvservices.com/inventory/
http://http://kenaicoach.com/DealerFiles/
RVs for Sale in Eugene Oregon | Motorhomes, Campers, Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels

Looks like each has at least one coach in your target zone. Junction City is maybe 90 miles south of Portland.

The Intrigue is our first coach, coming off 5th wheel. I have no other coach experience to to compare to, but I am not sure what other options would be on our list, this seems pretty complete as is.

There is no substitute for touch and feel the actual coach.
Terry Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:10 AM   #9

And, if you don't want to drive to Junction City just yet, but want to look at a CC that is NOT for sale, come across the river to Oregon City and look at our 2004 Allure that's in the barn for the winter. I'm close and won't charge you much for a look see. :-) joe
barclay7568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:23 AM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I could be wrong, but, I don't know if Monaco / Beaver models ever had heated floors.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:47 AM   #11

Foretravel Owners Club
And If you want,, come on down to Salem and take a look at our "SOB" (some other brand) just for comparison.. Didn't like the quality of build & useless "bling"of the new ones that were in our price range so bought used.
Might even put a percolator pot of coffee on..
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:07 AM   #12

I love my Country Coach Manga, great quality, strong and everything works with 100K on it. Mostly due to the original owners taking immaculate care of it. Every thing was clean, shinny and great condition. What I was looking for. Condition of a quality used coach means more than name brand when buying used. Find one that has been treated well, all maintenance done kept indoors when not using and the right floor plan and you have found a winner. I am sold on Country Coach quality but as you know there are several high quality units to look at. Would also put the Foretravel on your list as suggested by Saddlesore.

Tags
advice