Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2021, 08:36 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Passenger seat footrest failure / repair

When I purchased my coach two or three months ago I knew the footrest was stuck in the partially extended position. I finally got around to addressing the problem. The original worm drive was worn and no longer made contact internally and thus failed to extend foot rest. I contacted Villa Furniture and as expected was informed it was obsolete. They offer a kit to use and different worm drive system for the cost of $255 + shipping. My wife said that I could do better and thus I set about looking for an option. My solution was to use a 12 volt linear ram for which I paid less than $25.00 for. An hour's work to make a bracket at the motor end, use the original hole at the foot rest end, install and presto it functions great. It can be extended / retracted to any position between fully retracted and fully extended which the ram has internal non-adjustable limit switches to protect motor. The ram has a 6" max extension range which appears to be the correct range.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Original.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	342562   Click image for larger version

Name:	Footrest kit.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	342563  

Attached Images

Ozzsp250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2021, 08:47 AM   #2

That's a great idea do you have pictures of your final setup along with part numbers including the linear actuator you used?
Could.really end up helping people.down the road

Nice engineering
Greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:41 PM   #3

They are EBay or Amazon with prices all over the map. Here's a link and I'll take photos and update later.

I brought from the link below in case my experiment failed what I received was new and came double boxed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12487110958...53.m2749.l2649

Dennis

2001 Country Coach Intrigue #11294
Ozzsp250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 02:15 PM   #4

Perfect
Yuh you came up with a great idea
Old 09-16-2021, 03:47 PM   #5

Another tip. I had a problem with mine not extending. The motor worked but nothing happened. I took the gearbox out and there is a small plastic plug on the gearbox. I put some Kroil (penetrating oil others might work) in the hole and used a small screw drive to try to turn the drive gear. After a 30 seconds of back and forth, the old grease became loose and the gear box started working again. Worked great all season. Saved couple hundred bucks. Easy fix.

Ps there is a round shield, at least on mine, between the gearbox and the motor that you can unscrew to get access. Only found that out because mine was loose to begin with. Otherwise might not have figured it out.
2001 Country Coach 40' Intrigue. #11304
Suite of Dreams with factory four person dinette.
fzandome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:56 PM   #6

Dont leave home.without Kroil....its the best
Thanks.for.the tip
Have to get these saved for future reference
Greg
Old 09-17-2021, 06:32 PM   #7

Thanks. I have the same problem. I too was told $250 and thought it was not worth that much. For $25, it’s worth it.

Tags
air, repair, seat