Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2015, 07:45 AM   #1

Pioneer woes

We just purchased a 2003 Intrigue and love the coach. The only thing I don't like is the stereo backup camera combo. The Pioneer has many issues. Is there an upgrade or a place I can get this one repaired ?
Bill Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2015, 08:41 AM   #2

Bill - welcome to Country Coach owners forum and also your new to you coach. We have a 2002 Affinity CC that has the same back up camera and radio. I use our Pioneer as the back up screen and don't bother with the radio. It works I just don't use it. I plug my iPod into the amp for the sound system and use it for music while driving.

I see you ask about repairs to it. Any RV repair place should be able to help you with that. Likely they take it out and send it some place. We had our Bose amp go out. We bought a used one on eBay and the replacement has worked great for six and a half years. Likely you can get a used Pioneer too if that is the way you want to go. Several of my friends have small sat radios on the dash of their coach.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #3

Forget about rv repair places as they are general handymen type places.

Car audio is where you need to go and be amazed at what they can come up with.

Some places are flaky and others are geniuses so get the phone book and call a few as that is what they do.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
Forget about rv repair places as they are general handymen type places.

Car audio is where you need to go and be amazed at what they can come up with.

Some places are flaky and others are geniuses so get the phone book and call a few as that is what they do.

Agreed
Old 11-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #5

Thanks guys I am going to a couple car audio places this week. I had a Fleetwood rv before this one and the back up camera was a lot better in it. I hook up a trailer and thats why I would like a better one
Old 12-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #6

Now Im thinking of going a different direction. Since the system in my 03 Intrigue is 13 years old have any of you CC owners ever upgraded to a newer system ? I absolutely love my new to me coach but the stereo combo is not working for me
Old 12-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Webb View Post
Now Im thinking of going a different direction. Since the system in my 03 Intrigue is 13 years old have any of you CC owners ever upgraded to a newer system ? I absolutely love my new to me coach but the stereo combo is not working for me
Bill, I still have issues with the original Pioneer unit (like the backup monitor will just fade away and then come back when it wants) so I took my coach to an audio store, picked out a nice new version, but when they checked out the coach prior to starting the replacement, they said the existing video cable would need to be replaced I then decided to hold off letting these guys run a new cable from the rear to the dash! I'm currently in a holding pattern until I figure out what direction to go!
RJPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJPerry View Post
(like the backup monitor will just fade away and then come back when it wants)
Sounds like a loose connection of the video cable at one end varying with the motion of the rig?

Had similar on my now 21 year old Sony B/U camera many years ago. Fixed the connector and all is well today.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #9

RJ this is what I am running into also. I shipped my unit to a place in Florida that Pioneer recommended . This is my fifth motor home and the only thing I miss on my old Fleetwood pusher is the stereo and backup camera.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #10

Well I shipped my Pioneer to Fla and low and behold circuit board was fried. The gentleman told me to upgrade to a newer model. I was worried about the backup camera connections. Took the coach to an audio store in Columbus and they installed a new unit. They did and everything works awesome ! My I phone plugs into the front so all my functions work through it also. The flip up pioneer is in the dumpster and I am a happy CC owner
Old 12-13-2015, 11:09 PM   #11

Glad you found a satisfactory resolution.

Thanks for posting your result.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Webb View Post
Well I shipped my Pioneer to Fla and low and behold circuit board was fried. The gentleman told me to upgrade to a newer model. I was worried about the backup camera connections. Took the coach to an audio store in Columbus and they installed a new unit. They did and everything works awesome ! My I phone plugs into the front so all my functions work through it also. The flip up pioneer is in the dumpster and I am a happy CC owner
Bill, my back up camera has quit working all together and need to deal with it. What unit did you install and did you utilize your existing camera, or replace it as well and did they replace the Video cable as well?
Old 01-05-2016, 12:03 PM   #13

Called a local mobile stereo guy that will replace my unit this Saturday for $600!
Old 01-05-2016, 04:45 PM   #14

Sorry RJ for not getting back with you. The Audio place replaced mine with a Pioneer AVH4100 NEX and the existing CC camera worked perfect with the new unit. Mine cost more than $600 though lol