Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Portland OR Fall RV show

Wasted $20 going to it today. $10 parking and $10 admission.
Looked at lots of smaller rigs and Newmar London Aire and Cornerstone.
Didn't come away with any inclination to trade for either one. Nicer electronics setup but still saw places where they used wrapped or painted "wood" in the Cornerstone. If I had to change to one of those I'd go with the London Aire. To get equal to what I have I'n need a Newell or Prevost.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2018, 10:02 PM   #2

Yup.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:24 PM   #3

Thanks for saving me $20 [emoji3]
mhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #4

Foretravel Owners Club
Yup..Was VERY DISAPPOINTED in their offerings..raw edges,wrapped/sticky vinyl wood grain, nice doors and drawers as long as you didn't look past the door itself..particle board and press board for walls with fake paneling or worse... wallpaper, Genuine Imitation counter tops, spongy shower floors... LOTS and LOTS of GeeWhizz electronics....lousy quality upholstery...
For $500k/$700k???....
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:14 PM   #5

I also went yesterday. Total waste of money. It used to be 8 bucks to park, 7 if you car pool, and then two for one to get into the show. It was complete waste of money, although I did get to see and Entegra, but I'll keep my CC
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:32 PM   #6

Mr D. Did you see the latest higher up the food chain shooter Class A Diesel Pusher from Newmar, the New Aire? (Currently a 33' model. But suspect if the volume is solid, they'll stretch it to 36' range.). For me and my wife, 33' would be too small. But a 34-36' higher quality were DP, for future downsizing - will keep my interest. And to me, it has to be a solid build chassis with strong structured built shelled framing of the coach itself. Higher end interior carpentry, and carpets and materials. As well as the latest current state of the art electronics. And please Newmar (Or whomever!), don't scrimp on power and braking horse poser via Jake Compression - just for higher fuel economy. (Higher Braking HP via Compression Braking, because I believe many Baby Boomer's (A lucrative market.) downsizing in the future, will still want to pull behind them their toys - are flashy, and heavy, Toad's. (Just an opinion. And, I also acknowledge that some percentage of Baby Boomer's will downsize to large "B's" and possibly higher end "C"'s too... So, lots of variables.). But for me? Large front end view of a Class A while going down the road. The smaller size is easier to handle for those aging, as well as it opens parks they may not have seen in their 40-45' DP's. Plus, many are going to go from Full Time to Part Time, where a smaller coach for 4-8 weeks of traveling per year. Or more smaller 3-5 day get aways to load areas, will become the norm ahead.

So Mr D... Sorry I went on! Did you see the new Newmar New Aire? Opinions please, if you did!!!

Best,
Smitty

(And to my fellow CC owner's. Yes, their are a limited number of 32-36' CC's running around. I'm looking out 5, 10 (And if the Vitamin Scotch holds out, 15 years out... So, curious about the newer higher end Class A's coming out as DP's - and, I like Newmar, and wish them well!!)
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:37 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
No New Airs there.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:44 PM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
I also went yesterday. Total waste of money. It used to be 8 bucks to park, 7 if you car pool, and then two for one to get into the show. It was complete waste of money, although I did get to see an Entegra, but I'll keep my CC
They did have a coupon on their website. 2 for 1 but it specifically said you couldn't use it for half off on a single so I couldn't use it.
I thought $5 for parking was a rip off, now it's $10 per spot, so if you bring your MH in it could cost $40 and no reentry to go eat. Pretzels were $5 inside and Costo sells them by the box of 10 for about $1. Call me cheap if you want, but maybe that's why I have what I have!
Old 09-16-2018, 07:31 AM   #9

I toured a New Aire not that long ago. Meh....It's not bad, for a smaller luxury coach, but still missing some of the build quality we know in our CCs.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:16 PM   #10

Portland RV Show and the NEWAIRE

If you have about 3 hours to spare, read this thread.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/new-...ns-363597.html

Bob 2002 CC 36 SRTS 350 ISC
roberto is offline   Reply With Quote