Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #15

MTT - You have picked two great coaches. I don't see how you go wrong with the Magna or the Essex. Just go drive them and buy the one you like the best. I have a Country Coach Affinity which I think is a great vehicle.

A general statement could be made that CC is overall a higher end machine than Newmar.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
A general statement could be made that CC is overall a higher end machine than Newmar.
And I would argue that statement! I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe a CC is any better than a Newmar. Been through both factories too.

Maybe 10 years ago your statement was true.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #17
laj

One difference between the 2 is the paint on the cc. When i talked to Damon about a yr ago he said you could see the difference just walking through the cg's. He sold both for yrs. and showed me other differences that set cc above. Newmars higher end ones are nice but the cc is just higher on the ladder.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #18

Mr D - The original poster specified 2007. So when I wrote it was with 2007 in mind not 2012. As far as I know you cannot at this moment buy a 2012 Country Coach. Ron Lee keeps saying he is going to make some, but so far I do not believe he is taking orders.

My reasons for making this statement "An argument could be made". Was

1. If have an Affinity 2002. Two of my friends has Dutch Stars 2005. The materials used for walls, floors, insulation, interior surfaces and upholstry, paint (by a landslide), organization of electrical, sturdiness of exterior, are way superior on my coach than my friends. This is not to say they do not have great coaches, they do and they are both happy owners. But if you look at the build quality the CC is far heavier duty and much better.
2. Newmar made coaches in 2007 at way lower price points than CC. So you have sort of the "Mercedes Benz" effect. Meaning that an argument could be made that MB puts better materials into their cars than GM. Benz does not get to the really low price points. So if you go look at the Benz showroom and then the Caddy showroom there could be some differences. That does not mean I like Benzs over Caddys. But I do like Country Coaches over Newmars.
3. The RVCG does ratings of motor home quality. In 2007 CC consistently had higher ratings for handling, quality, value, and overall than Newmar.

Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion. Since you are a Newmar club member you have a different perspective.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #19

Hi MTT - Tough spot to be in, picking between these two models!

Both are great coaches, and both will meet your stated needs. On the power front, Essex did have the ISX as an option, but I don't recall if the 2007 had this or not. I think the Big Cat and the ISM are both going do you well on the power front. And of course, you said you had big truck experience, so you can do your own 'chevy vs ford' between them...!

The handling and ride between these two will be different, the the Spartan K2, I think, is in the Essex, and it has a solid fan club. The Dynomax is a different feel then the Spartan, and is equally a fine chassis. So the ride comes down to what feels right for you.

Bob and Mr D - I doubt Bo was trying to slam Newmar, as this is not his board style... IMO, at the Essex to Magna levels, they both are great quality coaches, approaching build and finish with an eye to detail. I do agree with Bob's comment about the 2007's Magna having a very a bit higher rating then the Essex, but I honestly don't consider them direct competitors. I think the Essex slots in just a tad above the Magna, while the next one down being the Moutain Aire slots just a bit down below the Magna. I see the Affinity as just a tad above the Essex. BUT, all subject to opinions. Both CC and Newmar have different level models, and nothing wrong with this. Newmar also has a line of gas Class A's, and 5th's too. So it really comes down to a model by model comparison, IMO.

As these models don't seem to line up directly - very hard to do an exact comparison... And it does not really matter we think, it is what the OP thinks is important to him.

Between these two, I would road test for driving feel, check condition, and most important - how does the coach support my living needs and likes... Just can't go wrong with either of these.

If the Essex did have an ISX option, I would see if the extra power over the ISM or Big Cat was a selling point. Only the OP can determine that...

Have fun, and please let us know what you end up with... Foretravel also makes a ncie rig, and have ample power options, if you have not checked into those... The Executive's from Monaco have a big block option too... And Travel Supreme did too. Soo many nice coaches!

Best of luck,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #20

I see youre in Orlando. Go to Orlando RV. You can see my 2007 Intrique 530 there. Do not accept the price they have on the coach. I will sell it MUCH cheaper to you. The consignment contract has already expired. You can see pictures at rvonline.com Just contact me. DoctorH
DoctorH is offline   Reply With Quote