Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2015, 09:30 PM   #15
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
No. Very similar but knock another HUGE chunk off that price.

NADA says:
Average Retail: $291,750
Low Retail: $242,150

This one is under $180 and photos look good.
What model is it? 180K for a 2006 is still high. If you look at the PPL website, they sold a 2007 Magna 3 or 4 months ago for $195K. Things to look for; fogged up windows, condition of tires, batteries, how has the coach been used (lived in by full-timers, used recreationally...)? Where has it been kept (inside or outside) when not in use?
Do your homework, and good luck!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2015, 08:56 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
What model is it? 180K for a 2006 is still high. If you look at the PPL website, they sold a 2007 Magna 3 or 4 months ago for $195K. Things to look for; fogged up windows, condition of tires, batteries, how has the coach been used (lived in by full-timers, used recreationally...)? Where has it been kept (inside or outside) when not in use?
Do your homework, and good luck!
2006 Country Coach Magna 630 Vangogh 4 slides, 51K miles on a 525 Cat $149,995.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
That certainly seems like a killer good price for a 2006 Magna. I would want to make sure it has been maintained properly and that there are no hidden issues. Will the dealer advise if it is a one owner coach and, if so, will they put you in touch with the previous owner?

As already noted, CC and Monaco used some radiators in those years that were prone to early failure. Some were replaced under warranty while CC was still in business. Kevin Waite can tell you how to determine if the coach has one of the original suspect radiators vs. the better replacements.

Not sure the dry vs. wet pto was an issue with the CAT's. CC used a dry PTO attached to the transmission to drive the hydraulic pump for power steering and the radiator fan. The PTO spline was greased only and there were some expensive failures. There is an upgrade kit to convert it to the 'wet PTO' which continuously lubes the spline.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #18

Oklahoma Boomers Club
smlranger

Thats the kind of intel I was looking for

Thanks much
Old 02-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #19

2006 Magna

The dry PTO's was an issue with the CAT engines, but not with the Cummins. From what Kevin Waite told me Cummins used a wet PTO. The radiator issue has to do with using an aluminum radiator versus a steel/brass radiator. The radiators that have failed have been aluminum.
Reese
rcantrell52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:20 PM   #20
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
That is a good price, if it checks out. I'm sure the PTO, if it was an issue, has been fixed. The dry PTO failed after 12 to 15K mi. The aluminum radiator may be an issue somewhat expensive to fix although not terribly. A couple of other things; I think the Vangoh is not the most desirable floor plan. Is this the one that has a desk near the middle? But if you have a specific need for that layout then it may be worth looking at it. Also, does it have carpet in living room or tile?
Old 02-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #21

Oklahoma Boomers Club
No desk at all in this one. I probably would have changed it anyway as I have my own design in mind.

Euro chair and dinette on the drivers side
Galley and sofa on the passenger
Hardwood flooring in the salon, tile in the galley.

Salesman was unable to get to the lot today, they had ice everywhere and the place was closed. Tomorrow he is putting me in touch with the previous owner and emailing me some service records.

Need to know about the rad and the PTO.

Getting pix of all the windows.

If all goes well tomorrow I'm headed to see it.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:57 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Another tip if you can't get definitive answers on PTO or rad from either the dealer or prior owner is to call Country Coach Corp. in Junction City with the coach serial #. They can tell you what equipment it had when it left the factory. They confirmed for me that my coach did have one of the suspect radiators. However, at 8 years and 52K miles, it has not leaked yet .

This website will give you pics to help determine if the wet PTO upgrade has been done:

http://www.jdrv1.com/id13.html
Old 02-16-2015, 07:19 PM   #23

You can go to Country Coach RV | Reviews Floorplans Specs Pictures and Price Quotes RVingPlanet.com - RV Sales Financing Insurance and Camping Resources to see the Van Gogh floorplan--look under Magna. Even though they are 2009 floorplans, the 2006 floorplan is identical. One difference is the 2006 had 70 gallon black and grey holding tanks instead of the 60 gallons for the 2009.
Also, the PTO issue has nothing to do with which engine the coach has.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #24
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
No desk at all in this one. I probably would have changed it anyway as I have my own design in mind.

Euro chair and dinette on the drivers side
Galley and sofa on the passenger
Hardwood flooring in the salon, tile in the galley.

Salesman was unable to get to the lot today, they had ice everywhere and the place was closed. Tomorrow he is putting me in touch with the previous owner and emailing me some service records.

Need to know about the rad and the PTO.

Getting pix of all the windows.

If all goes well tomorrow I'm headed to see it.
Sounds promising and definitely worth pursuing. Ask for the build sheet. If the dealer doesn't have it call Maria at CCC to get one. It costs $25. Here is her email mariat@countrycoach.com You can also ask her for the layout sheet, no additional charge.
All the best!
Old 02-17-2015, 03:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Old Car Nut,

I know the coach you are speaking of. I looked at it last week. In fact I looked at it twice.

FYI... the salesman I had talked to over the phone was not available when I arrived to look at the coach a second time. A woman (sales person) took me out to see until my salesman was available. She told me the coach had been sitting there for over a year. In her words... "It's been here since I came to work here and that was over a year ago."

The original salesman told me they had the coach sold twice, and both times the people got there to take delivery and backed out of the deal.

Me personally... I could find only 2 things that I would consider wrong with it.

1) the living area is very sparsely furnished. 1 Euro-Chair, and a small 6 ft sofabed that is awkwardly mounted in the passenger side slide. It is a 7 ft wide opening with a 6 ft sofa with these somewhat rough looking side tables built in to fill the gaps. Not a big deal, something that could be easily fixed.

2) There is no washer/dryer, and no hookups for one. The cabinet exist, but there is no plumbing or electricity. The saleman and I even removed panels hoping to find something hidden the techs had not discovered. It appears that the original owner skipped the washer/dryer option altogether.

Other than those to items - that I would think could be easily remedied - it is a beautiful coach.

It does bother me that 2 other people walked away from it. I would definitely get a copy of the VIN (something I neglected to do) and do a CarFAX search. It may reveal some history that is not apparent to the naked eye.

For personal reasons, I don't think this coach is going to work for me right now, so if you end up with it, you'll know you've got at least one guy coveting your coach!

Let me know how things progress.

Vtwinwwilly
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:15 PM   #26

To good to be true

Quote:
Thinking real hard about this one.

2006 Country Coach Magna 630, 4 slides, 51K miles on a 525 Cat diesel.

Will have to fly cross country to see it. The price is well, way too good to be true (below wholesale)

Thanks
IMHO the CAT C-13/525 was the standard and best at the time. The PTO and radiator are issues. Could be a reason for the price.
The price you quoted is really not to good to be true but fair market value. Many at higher pricing are upside down in their financing. You have to take into consideration ware and tare. Stitching on awnings is also a consideration many leave out. Hydrohot, flooring, door hinge, tires are additional consideration.
I did not see the dealer you where speaking with. Reputable companies are of most importance.
Give Fountain RV Service in Lakeland, Florida a call. They are one of the top experts when it comes to high end CC's. They have a 2006 Afinity available now.
CAT & Cummins of the size you are looking at are not even broken in untill 50,000 miles.
MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:18 PM   #27

Oklahoma Boomers Club
vtwinwilly thanks for the rundown. I found out part of that speaking on the phone, but good to see hear from someone that laid eyes on it.

MMouser Thanks for the info/input. We have been spending a lot of time over the last 18 months learning about A Pushers. Talked to a lot of folks and heard a lot of horror stories about dealers. I have 3 friends that own them and another that works on them. I used to do high end A/V installs in them with lots of fabrication work.

We decided to pass on the Magna.

Found a 2005 CC Intrigue OVATION LE in our own back yard this week from a dealer we know well. Actually, he found is and called me. Showed it to us before he even took a dust cloth to it. She shines like new everywhere. HWH slides and suspension w/Active Air. 525 hp. 36K miles. Has all the other goodies we want and DW thinks shes pretty.

We are having a full inspection done next week. If that goes well and if Tony accepts our offer it's a done deal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6129388_1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	86864   Click image for larger version

Name:	6129388_2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	86865  

Name:	6129388_15.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	86866   Click image for larger version

Name:	6129388_16.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	86867  

Name:	6129388_17.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	86868  
Old 02-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Been following your search and that one looks really nice. I think I found that particular one (I like looking at as many pics as possible) but I'll not post the link like I did last time. Hope you get it, looks like a great coach inside!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase