RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:59 PM   #1

Unhappy Propane Cooktop

Back in November (Phoenix) the DW was trying to prepare breakfast and she went to turn on the cooktop (its a sparking unit) the cooktop came on and quickly went out. So, my thought was oh the tank (41 gals) is empty. No problem, will call the Propane people and get it filled up. Well, the gentleman comes out, of course there is a minimum charge. We he fill's it and it takes all of 3 gallons. I explain the issues and he reaches into the bay and turns a knob and that fixes the issue. I can't reach the knob and afraid to turn it. Well, here we are in Las Vegas and it has been on the cool side and we now have the same issue. So I go out an rap on the solenoid and it did not do anything. So, I turn to this group, since I am sure someone here can help, please.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2017, 04:08 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I would try to close the valve on the tank that has a hose connected to it and then open it slowly.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wally, has your LP leak detector under the fridge been turned off by chance? If that is in the off position, it closes a solenoid valve on the LP tank so you cannot use the stove. Just something to check if you have not already done so.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #4

Will try and be careful, let u all no.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #5

green light is on, however, will get down on my knees and look at it closer......
Old 01-28-2017, 11:09 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
green light is on, however, will get down on my knees and look at it closer......
If you switch it off and then back on again, it will beep rapidly for a few seconds then you should hear the solenoid click when the beeping stops. At least that is how mine works.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:52 PM   #7

Ours works the same way, did not fix the issue. Suggestions would be most welcomed on what type of service to call. Will be in the Phoenix area on Wednesday 2/1/17.Thanks for the input.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:06 PM   #8

Not real familiar with that era coach, does it have LP fridge, or electric? If it has LP, is that working for you?

You said it's been a bit cold. So trying it during the day when it's warmer, after turning off the knob and slowly turning it back on, might get things flowing.

On our 04 Allure, their is also a switch to turn off before refilling. I have no idea how it happened, but we once found that that switched had been turned off. (Speculate that someone may have topped off a portable tank, via our various hose hook ups for the Webber Q and other LP devices we use outside. We were gone fro about 6 hours that day for sightseeing, and were dry camping... Nothing missing from the stuff we left outside, but one chair seemed to be about 4-5' from where I remember it being. And no locks on the LP compartment. We only use the LP for the cooktop now, and it was the next afternoon from that day of driving that it would not turn on. Took me forever even look at that switch!)

You could also have some electrical wires that may need cleaning down by the tank too.

Best of luck to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #9

No propane refrigerator. Its starting to warm up, going to try later this afternoon. We also have that connection for hooking up for a external BBQ, never liked it, do not use it. Lots of wires/hoses propane scares the crap out of me because I do not want to look like a burnt piece of toast.

We have decided to call our friends at Arizona Propane, they have our credit card.

We will be attending the Rally in the Valley and hope to meet as many of you as possible.

Thank you.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Have you tried turning the vapor valve on the tank off and then opening it slowly? That is the valve with the hose that feeds the coach.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:36 PM   #11

No I have not, since I do not know what it looks like. Will be going outside shortly, sounds like something the Arizona Propane guy did and fixed it. Is it a grey knurled knob? Which way clockwise or counterclockwise?
Old 01-29-2017, 04:15 PM   #12

Well we where sitting here and decided to try the cooktop. And it works! I did nothing but look at it an give it the stink eye. Also the temperature is 60 degrees. So when we get to AZ I am going to call my friends at Arizona Propane and see what needs to be done.

Thanks to all of you, will report back in.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:50 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
No I have not, since I do not know what it looks like. Will be going outside shortly, sounds like something the Arizona Propane guy did and fixed it. Is it a grey knurled knob? Which way clockwise or counterclockwise?
Clockwise to close, counter clockwise (slowly) to open. If you hear a click when it opens the shutoff valve is on and the propane will not flow. If that happens close it again and open the tank more slowly.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:25 AM   #14

Thank you, will be saving this for the next time it doesn't work.

Tags
propane