Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #1

Recommedation for Alignment Shop

I am currently in the Portland, Or. area and would like a recommendation on a topnotch alignment shop in the area that can handle a 42' Intrigue.
I had a alignment done in Tucson recently to factory specs but I still have the same problem of constantly correcting the steering wheel 1" either side of dead center. Requires a constant back and forth correction. With only 20K miles there is nothing loose and a suggestion was made that the steering box may be just a little to tight. That sounded like a good suggestion and since I have eliminated ride height, air pressure, tire wear, pavement groove, weight, toe and camber issues, etc. I would like to explore the steering box suggestion with a alignment shop that is familiar with IFS and steering. Thank you.
Hookum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #2

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

HENDERSON LINEUP in Grants Pass are very good.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
I've heard nothing but good remarks on Henderson's Line Up. Talked to them at a FMCA Rally and they diagnosed an issue I was having and made a recommendation to try before spending more money. Worked great.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Brazel's in Centralia, WA just aligned ours on Tuesday. I am very happy and they even have an RV Park that we stayed in the night before.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

Why not take it back where they built it?

I highly recommend Country Coach in Junction City, Oregon. Country Coach Factory Service Center | Country Coach Corporation

I was just there for a front end alignment last week on our DynoMax chassis National Islander. I had severe tire wear on the passenger front and outside rear. I'm very happy with the results! They corrected a problem caused by a bad alignment at another shop in CA.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
laj

Agree with going back to the factory. With that said you may have a tire problem, not alignment problem. I know tires made all the difference on mine.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #7

Recommendation for alignment shop.

Thank you for your quick response on Henderson's, Brazels and the C.C. factory. On Monday I will call and see who can work me in by Wed or Thurs and maybe I will get a better ride going home. I will report back as to what, if anything was found or if it improved.

I am always amazed at how much knowledge and information is forthcoming from members on this site and so quickly. Thank you.
Hookum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've been to both Hendersons and Brazils over the last 10 years. Either would be good, I was at Brazils earlier this year.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #9

Henderson's has a very good reputation, and have helped me over the phone many times on two RV's.

If none of these can get you in, a call to Oregon Motor Coach, also great rep, might refer you to someone else too (or, they might do this in house - I don't know).

You are in a great location for a high volume of good shops to choose from.

Best of luck, and please let us know what you find out.
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookum View Post
I am currently in the Portland, Or. area and would like a recommendation on a topnotch alignment shop in the area that can handle a 42' Intrigue.
I had a alignment done in Tucson recently to factory specs but I still have the same problem of constantly correcting the steering wheel 1" either side of dead center. Requires a constant back and forth correction. With only 20K miles there is nothing loose and a suggestion was made that the steering box may be just a little to tight. That sounded like a good suggestion and since I have eliminated ride height, air pressure, tire wear, pavement groove, weight, toe and camber issues, etc. I would like to explore the steering box suggestion with a alignment shop that is familiar with IFS and steering. Thank you.
The first question I have to ask is how many miles do you have under your belt?
Its very easy to spot a new driver weaving down the road untill they get some wheel time and learn not to over correct.
Focusing farther down the roadway will help as well as making smaller corrections.
Not saying this is the case but rather than throwing money at it give yourself some time.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #11

I would go to CC factory. Only just to the south of you. They have treated us very well.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote