Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #1

Remodeling Update Recommendations?

Have 2000 Affinity with outdated tube TVs. Would like to upgrade to flat screens but existing TVs are in custom cabinetry. Has anyone updated TVs and had cabinets upgraded as well. If so what kinda $ am I looking at. Thanks in advance.
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2014, 08:03 PM   #2

We have a 2002 Affinity and we took out the old tube TVs a few years back. We had Country Coach cabinet shop build us matching doors and turned the old TV spaces into storage spaces. Opposite our sofa is a computer desk. We just set a 32" flat screen on top of it. When we move or travel I just put it on the floor beside the desk and behind the recliner. Works great for us. We like the TV is at normal eye level and not high up so on top of the desk is perfect. Also did not cost much. I have tried to visualize a better way to do it and so far cannot without spending lots of bucks. We never watch TV in the bedroom so no TV there anymore.

BTW we have a custom or semi custom color on our cabinets. CC did a really great job of making custom doors and matching the color. Their charges I thought were very reasonable.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #3

I ve got two teenagers so we need as many distractions as possible. I'm over 3k miles from cc factory so that's not practical for me but I'm only a few hours from Foretravel. Nothing will be easy due to size difference of TVs but I don't want to lose the customized look the coach currently has.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
The Country Coach Owners Group on Yahoo has a bunch of photos of TV conversions to various models of rigs.

Join the Group and page thru the photos.

https://autos.groups.yahoo.com/neo/g...ch-Owners/info
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #5

Affinityfan - You don't have to go to the CC factory to get them to make stuff for you. They made my cabinet doors and sent them to me. Great job done right and medium price.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #6

Would love it if someone would post before and after pics of flat screen TV upgrade from old tube style. Custom cabinetry would be a plus
Old 02-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #7

Flat Screen Upgrade 95 CC Magna

Cost about $35 with on hand scrap plywood and 2x4 to mount Monoprice articulated wall mount.

I bought the hinge for the DVR compartment and the TV mount.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #8

What size flat screen
Old 02-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #9

Seeing as how you don't want to head to Oregon, I suggest you get in touch with someone in the "Country Coach Texans" club and ask them where to get some work done. I remember there is someone in the Dallas area but don't remember who. You don't have to have CC do the work as there are a lot of techs out there that do excellent work. People say that you have to have CC do the work to match the wood but that is a bunch of bunk.

The pictures of my renovation are posted in the pictures folder on the Country Coach Yahoo groups forum.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote