RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-23-2020, 04:37 PM   #1

Removing front living room carpet 2002 Affinity

I am thinking about removing the front beige carpet in my coach this winter (at over 18 years old, it has served well but looks a bit worn), and replacing it with hard wood look lineament flooring. I was thinking a floating floor. I had heard Loews smart core might be a good option as it is water proof and pretty solid (but am open to Ideas). I was not planing on taking the carpet off the slide, as it is 95% under the couch anyway. If you have done this, what do I need to be aware of? Is there a flooring thickness I should be looking for (or range). Will this cause any possible slide problems (I would think not as I have floor tiles in the kitchen area, and the slide does fine there. I would love to make it heated, as the tile floor is, but assume that is a can of worms not worth opening. All wisdom is welcome.
2002 CC Affinity 42' #6063 & Matching Featherlite Trailer or 2011 Subaru Outback Toad
MarylandRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2020, 08:44 AM   #2

I did this exact remodel on my coach last summer. It is very labor intensive to get the carpet out and clean all the stables....and more staples. I also did the slide with the flooring because I changed the configuration from a couch to a recliner and desk. My coach only has one slide.
I removed both couches and front seats and there was a channel with some ducting on the passenger side for the furnace heater. I used stair bullnose trim pieces for the flooring where the stairs come up and also replaced the carpet glued to the side of the stairs with the wood flooring. I also went with the floating floor from Costco. It took me the better part of two months from beginning to end working on it in my spare time and I did other things to the coach at the same time so I can't give an exact time it took for just the floor...but I would guess close to 100 hours. No surprises under the carpet...just quality. The new flooring and slide had no issues.
Let me know if you have specific questions or concerns.

Moot
1999 Country Coach Allure #30373
San Diego, Ca.
hkuhnert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpet