RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:26 PM   #15
TR4

Brett,

I agree, putting a sofa on the passenger side, even with a small 60" love seat, would intrude into the dinette. I agree a fully extended recliner is around 68". The measurements I took were 96 1/2" wall to wall with slide in. Sofa wall to front of existing cabinet, 72" (cabinet is 24 1/2"). Now with the slide out you have an extra 16 1/2". So, slide in, limited or no recline. Slide out, aprox. 16" clearance, based on a 24 1/2" cabinet.

I sure hope you find something, I looked today and there are not a lot of "off the self" 76" recliners.

Also, what are your thoughts on this tv lift;
Motorized Flat TV Lift 32’’-50’’ Screen Mount Remote Control 39.3-Inch Stroke

Bill
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2017, 10:35 PM   #16

Bill,
I am hoping Mike will be able to modify one of their theater seating to fit our space, and raised floor.

Not sure that TV lift is made for RV's. The ones I have seen used are a double shaft. I believe the brand name was Nexus.

Brett
bneukam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:44 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4 View Post
Brett,

I agree, putting a sofa on the passenger side, even with a small 60" love seat, would intrude into the dinette. I agree a fully extended recliner is around 68". The measurements I took were 96 1/2" wall to wall with slide in. Sofa wall to front of existing cabinet, 72" (cabinet is 24 1/2"). Now with the slide out you have an extra 16 1/2". So, slide in, limited or no recline. Slide out, aprox. 16" clearance, based on a 24 1/2" cabinet.

I sure hope you find something, I looked today and there are not a lot of "off the self" 76" recliners.

Also, what are your thoughts on this tv lift;

Motorized Flat TV Lift 32-50 Screen Mount Remote Control 39.3-Inch Stroke

Bill

Did some looking this am for TV lifts.
The Nexus DL-45 is closer to what I think would be more appropriate for rv's. With the dual shaft it would be more stable going down the road.
Not sure the exact cost but Innovative Coachworks in Junction City should be able to help you, and maybe give you some more options.

Brett
Old 04-29-2017, 04:00 PM   #18

Sorry for the delayed posting of the new coach we had custom made for us by Villa International... We are extremely pleased with the final outcome. Went 4 inches deeper than the original sofa for extra lounging and sleep surface. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0294.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	160044Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0291.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	160045Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0287.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	160048Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0296.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	160049
Burlroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4 View Post
Brett,

Now my wife wants a new sofa as well! I shouldn't have mentioned your new project. How much will you have to extend the slide-out floor? Will the frame around the window (sticks out approx. 2") be a problem for the recliner?

I'm going to convert my two drawer desk to accommodate my new pop up tv. I'll add an L section (about 10" deep) to the left of the cabinet. I've ordered some maple panels that will match the wainscoting in the dinette for the front of it. I'll also cut down the drawers by ten inches.

Burlroad,

Can you post some pics of your sofa?

Bill

Pictures posted, Bill
Burlroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:15 PM   #20
TR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlroad View Post
Pictures posted, Bill
Burlroad,

Thanks for the pictures, that's a nice looking sofa! I guess I'll be calling Villa International.

Bill
Old 05-16-2017, 01:19 PM   #21

I am still in the process of picking out a sofa. Here is one that Mike at Villa can modify to fit my space, and the 5" raised slide. It does have a foot rest, and will have the capability to recline to about 2 o'clock. He can work somewhat around the raised slide, but seat height will be about 2" higher than normal.

Now, here is the biggest issue. My wife is not 100% sold on the look. The center arm rest will have to be widened by 8" to fit from kitchen cabinet to slide wall, without any gaps on the ends. Maybe wood panels on the center console front, and top?

What do you all think? Be honest, not going to hurt any feelings here.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HT.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	162016  
Old 05-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #22
TR4

How about a fold down center armrest. You could fold up the armrest if you wanted to lay sideways.

Bill
Old 05-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Bneukam, what do those recliners cost as shown? I have a Villa sleeper sofa that looks that same color and now you got me thinking it would be nice to have some recliners.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman1 View Post
Bneukam, what do those recliners cost as shown? I have a Villa sleeper sofa that looks that same color and now you got me thinking it would be nice to have some recliners.

With the modifications to fit my 5 1/2" raised slide floor is 2,500. As shown should be less, as it's made to fit a 2 3/4" tall slide floor. I've been working with Mike at Villa. He should be able to give you a better idea. They are very busy right now. Orders are 18 weeks to delivery.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
I am still in the process of picking out a sofa. Here is one that Mike at Villa can modify to fit my space, and the 5" raised slide. It does have a foot rest, and will have the capability to recline to about 2 o'clock. He can work somewhat around the raised slide, but seat height will be about 2" higher than normal.

Now, here is the biggest issue. My wife is not 100% sold on the look. The center arm rest will have to be widened by 8" to fit from kitchen cabinet to slide wall, without any gaps on the ends. Maybe wood panels on the center console front, and top?

What do you all think? Be honest, not going to hurt any feelings here.

Thanks
We have found the end table with three drawers and adjacent to the long sofa to be very useful in our old rig.

A friend had the same cabinet installed in their 2007 Affinity.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
Gillig Bus Chassis
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
We have found the end table with three drawers and adjacent to the long sofa to be very useful in our old rig.

A friend had the same cabinet installed in their 2007 Affinity.

I saw those at countryside interiors. I think they were 8" wide which is exactly the space I need to fill.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture handy?

I think I may lose out on this one as my wife wants a more traditional sofa. The biggest issue with our original sofa is the seat is only 20" deep, and the back is pretty much straight up with no lean to it what so ever. That combined with the foam being super firm just makes it uncomfortable.

A small ottoman with a traditional sofa is probably the way we're going, as we all know "when momma ain't happy.....