Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2022, 07:58 AM   #1

Ride height issue 2000 Allure

Good morning, were leaving on a trip this morning. I went to move the coach from the side of our house to the front of the house and the coach will not raise up into its normal position.

I was able to manually raise it to get it to the street. It will level if I hit the air button twice, but when I turn it off it won't go back to travel mode.

I went under the coach to see if it was a ride height valve issue and all 3 off them just spit little air when I try to adjust, it almost seems like they aren't getting much air? All the ride height valves were replaced 3 years ago and have worked fine so I am thinking this is something else?

I am able to manually raise my coach and then pull my travel fuse which is located in the rear of my coach where the fuel filters are located (20A)

My coach is a 2000 Allure 30501. Thanks for the help!
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2022, 10:16 AM   #2

Track down the Six Pack of Solenoids, and tap the ones that feed your Tavel Mode air feed. And it would not hurt to spray some soapy water on the connections involve for leaks. All that being said, sometimes the HWH brains go out on you. Leveling can work, but the circuits for Travel Mode can go out. HWH was pretty backed up last time I checked, but calling and asking for a Tech to call you back will get you on the list. They can walk you thru some diagnostics to determine if the HWH brain needs surgery!

And while not ideal, the manual travel mode does keep you going. We did several thousand miles in our 04 Allure that way in I think 2017 (6 Pack issue on ours.). And this year our 07 Magna got the front leveler arm 'jammed' in the slot (That when I looked i did not notice, so we were not going into proper ride height for travel.). We did the manual raise eyeballing ride height (A Fist with the other hand Flat on top of it, from the top of the tire to the arch of the wheel well, on the Magna!)... It's not a fuse on the 07 era Magna, you unplug a harness from the control box in the front basement (The one with all red wires going into it. On our coach, it was the second from the left while looking in at the box, top side of the box.).

Good luck, and please share what you find out - as it could help others in the future!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 09:01 PM   #3

Update

Just wanted to give an update. I haven't solved the problem yet, but I have been talking with HWH to help diagnose the issue.

So far I have tested the ohms on all the travel solenoids. All have 15.5 ohms which is within tolerance. (10.6 - 15.6 is acceptable)

I have 12 volts going to the HWH main board (located in front of the passengers foot rest, under the dash) I then checked for 12 volts going to the travel solenoid and I have 0 volts for the front and rear, so everything is pointing towards a bad HWH control box.... I wonder how much it will be to fix?
Old 08-12-2022, 08:56 AM   #4

hwh box

Just had one fixed cost about $ 300.00 Dollars Plus shipping
JACK45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK45 View Post
Just had one fixed cost about $ 300.00 Dollars Plus shipping
Thanks Jack, I've contacted HWH this morning and I am awaiting an RGA number to send it in. I'll keep everyone posted

Tags
ride height, ride