Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #15

If you can get under it, there are metal tags on the main part of the suspensions. It will tell you make and model. There is a different tag on the rear axle also, that would be good to record for any future axel needs but will not be needed for anything ride height related.
The leveling system is governed by a mercury level sending unit. Mine is in the 2nd bay above the removable ceiling panel. Sounds like you may be having Gremlins in the leveling system instead of the ride height. I know my coach but there are others that may be smarter than me on yours.
PRO-BILT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2017, 10:07 PM   #16
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
Kevin Waite had the best price at the time. It's a Haldex, but can't remember the part #. They do recommend replacing both sides in the rear at the same time.
forgot... yeah kevin should know and have it... my front hcv is haldex, replaced two years ago... you bet the rear must be a haldex too.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:11 PM   #17
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-BILT View Post
If you can get under it, there are metal tags on the main part of the suspensions. It will tell you make and model. There is a different tag on the rear axle also, that would be good to record for any future axel needs but will not be needed for anything ride height related.
The leveling system is governed by a mercury level sending unit. Mine is in the 2nd bay above the removable ceiling panel. Sounds like you may be having Gremlins in the leveling system instead of the ride height. I know my coach but there are others that may be smarter than me on yours.
that's awesome; i'll go under it again tomorrow to get those parts numbers.
now i know how it knows level or not... smart thing... one more option to look at it...
Old 11-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #18

Just remember while working underneath that you will have to drive it up on blocks. (Unless you're super skinny)
You could be crushed if the ride height valve fails or if you are adjusting and dump all the air out of the bag
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:14 PM   #19
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Just remember while working underneath that you will have to drive it up on blocks. (Unless you're super skinny)
You could be crushed if the ride height valve fails or if you are adjusting and dump all the air out of the bag
not skinny here my thick chest and skull are not designed to hold 1/4 of 20+ tons of weight . made wood ramps the first time for repairing the front hcv 3 years ago they are still here.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:18 PM   #20

You may find the height valve part number is 9055421p .i found them on eBay at a truck supply (power products ) a month ago for under $40 each country coach wanted + $200 each. These weren't Halidex but they are metal and the same part number and seem to work ok. Had to replace both rear to get it to adjust properly. The part number in the country coach book was a wrong number but the tag on the old halidex valve was correct.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy1 View Post
You may find the height valve part number is 9055421p .i found them on eBay at a truck supply (power products ) a month ago for under $40 each country coach wanted + $200 each. These weren't Halidex but they are metal and the same part number and seem to work ok. Had to replace both rear to get it to adjust properly. The part number in the country coach book was a wrong number but the tag on the old halidex valve was correct.

The 9055421 was replaced with the 90555105 about two years ago.
The newer model has a quicker response.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:41 PM   #22
Community Moderator

Roy, that is super! I was able to find 90554241 (8 digits) on ebay, which looks like the same with mine (couldn't find 9055421P). about $50-60 apiece, a big saving!

I saw 90555105 too, also the same looking. Good to know it's a upgraded version.

I crawled under the coach and looked at it closely again. With soapy water, there was no bubbles on the unit under travel pressure. No hissing. I did notice a poor job whoever did it before me - the rod linkage from the center of the valve and the slider is 6" at driver side while 6.5" at passenger side. And the distance from the slider to the vertical bar mounting base is shorter at the driver side than passenger side's. I corrected it.

Now with engine running the HWH panel shows no red, but that may prove to be temporary... Eventually i might have to tap HCVs.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #23

The distance from the center of the valve to the vertical bar is usually the same. But the distance from the slider to the bottom will never be the same on both sides. Because it's more important that the front is level.
When you raise the slider it raises the coach, including the front.
The only way to test the valve is to exercise it up and down.
It's possible that center nut came loose on the valve and threw off the height.
If you have adjusted those links be sure to measure the front to make sure it's level. This is most important.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:38 PM   #24
Community Moderator

Thanks all for the info on this. Will see how it goes, and will update if new findings pop up. Cheers!
Old 11-06-2017, 08:26 AM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
Don't know if you got this yet.

Ride Height For Some Country Coach Models c. 1998 - 2003

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #26
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoDave View Post
Thanks Dave. The link appears to be broken...
Old 11-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
Thanks Dave. The link appears to be broken...

Look up the yahoo CC owners forum. Under the files section they have several that discuss ride height settings, replacing, and pictures with all the different models of suspension. Really good stuff.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:36 AM   #28

Country Coach Owners Club
Sorry about that. Probably something I did not do correctly. Here's another attempt.

Ride Height

Below is the raw URL:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=228

If those do not work you can go to Files-> Chassis -> Ride Height and download it from there.

HTH
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote