Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2017, 10:45 AM   #1

Road Trip in my 89 CCC

Just got back home after a nice road trip in my 1989 Country Coach Concept. I had stored it in Las Vegas for the winter ( 6 months ) Sghe fired right up when I hit the key. From there we drove to Newport Beach CA. for a week. Back to Vegas for the NHRA Drags. Then we took our time working our way up HWY 15 North . I live in Fort McMurray Alberta Canada. Stayed a couple night in Utah. One night in Lava Hot Springs Idaho. Then a night in Northern Montana. From there we pushed non stop to Ft Mac ( 20 hrs ) The Coach worked wonderful with no problems at all. I have to say we really love the Country Coach Concept. Even if she is an oldie.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2581.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	158353   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2705.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	158354  

Name:	IMG_2607.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	158355   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3194.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	158356  

Name:	IMG_2740.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	158357  
Bootjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2017, 04:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootjack View Post
I have to say we really love the Country Coach Concept. Even if she is an oldie.
But a goodie, She is pretty, built to withstand a nuclear blast, has no slides to leak or fail and is pretty good lookin.

We love ours as well. Glad you had a great trip and good Pic's
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #3

So good to hear. How many Concepts were produced? Was there a particular feature or advancement that was first debut on the Concept?
Burlroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:41 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Beautiful coach and thanks for the photos. We have a '90 Concept and love it as well. Great to see you're using and enjoying yours.

I once asked Gregg Bootes at CC how many were built and I think it was roughly in the 150 unit range.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlroad View Post
So good to hear. How many Concepts were produced? Was there a particular feature or advancement that was first debut on the Concept?

The Concept was exactly that; a bus concept by Country Coach that was started in 1988 or 1989 and initially built on a Gillig chassis. I don't what year but CC later used a Prevost chassis until the end of the Concept line which I think was around 1999-2001. There really wasn't a follow-on model as CC by then had begun production on their newer models on their own Dynomax chassis. I would love it if someone more knowledgeable than me would write up a detailed history of the Concept. We have a 1990 Concept Anteres 36'.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlroad View Post

There seems to be a cloud of mystery around these coaches. I have had trouble finding out hard facts on them. This is the story I got from the seller. I am not sure how accurate the info is.

They made the Concept for 10 years 88-98 or 89-99

They made 10 per year ( 100 total ) all being different in some way, paint, interior, bathroom layout etc.

Some ( or all ) had a hand painted original murals on the side between windows.

They all had solid walnut wood though out. Including solid walnut pocket doors.

I did get the build sheet and original bill of sale with mine. It was bought and sent to Alaska. It had close to $100,000 in options including a full size jetted tub. 100 song musical horn, back up cam, built in blender and phone. Two basement AC units. Built in basement deep freeze, $6500 sound system to name a few. My coach is totally original except for the marble and carpet flooring. everything else in the coach is from 1989 and in fantastic shape. It still amazes me every time i walk in it. The final price was $467,000 in 1989 !
Old 04-15-2017, 07:33 PM   #7

Ours has all the same options listed by Bootjack except we have oak cabinetry and porcelain tile in the kitchen and bath instead of marble tile. We also don't have the washer/dryer like cntrylife has in his. Instead we have a second pocket door and different cabinet configuration between the bathroom and bedroom on the passenger side. The 100 song musical horn is hysterical. However, the $6,500 sound system had to go. Although I could tell it was quite the sound system for the day I replaced it with a modern system and added a subwoofer. It would be interesting to know how many of these coaches are still on the road.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:28 PM   #8

These stories, facts and insights are awesome! My Lexa is too near and dear to me. Uniqueness is my preference as well. Love it!
Burlroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:13 PM   #9

Couple of years ago I saw one at Oregon Motorcoach. Wasn't quite sure what it was because the front end had been "modernized". Gone was the grill and the head lights were changed to the more modern round ones. These are cool coaches and deserve the "cult" status
Old 04-16-2017, 08:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Couple of years ago I saw one at Oregon Motorcoach. Wasn't quite sure what it was because the front end had been "modernized". Gone was the grill and the head lights were changed to the more modern round ones. These are cool coaches and deserve the "cult" status
I would love to see a picture of that coach. It would be cool to have a new front face off a new CC mated to the front of mine. Then again keeping it stock has its value too.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsponsford View Post
Ours has all the same options listed by Bootjack except we have oak cabinetry and porcelain tile in the kitchen and bath instead of marble tile. We also don't have the washer/dryer like cntrylife has in his. Instead we have a second pocket door and different cabinet configuration between the bathroom and bedroom on the passenger side. The 100 song musical horn is hysterical. However, the $6,500 sound system had to go. Although I could tell it was quite the sound system for the day I replaced it with a modern system and added a subwoofer. It would be interesting to know how many of these coaches are still on the road.
The horn is funny, every time I leave a park I play " On The Road Again" by Willie Nelson. Who ever happens to be with me sinks in the seat and hides lol
Old 04-16-2017, 09:38 AM   #12

Quote:
The horn is funny, every time I leave a park I play " On The Road Again" by Willie Nelson. Who ever happens to be with me sinks in the seat and hides lol
Hahaha!!! I try to embarrass my kids with it but they think it's funny too.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #13

manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntrylife View Post
But a goodie, She is pretty, built to withstand a nuclear blast, has no slides to leak or fail and is pretty good lookin.

We love ours as well. Glad you had a great trip and good Pic's
FYI my Coach came with all the manuals . The seller said he has never seen a more well documented RV ever. I have them for just about everything for the Coach and all the brochures when it was new. If anyone has a CCC and needs information I would be happy to help with the info I have.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:03 PM   #14

Quote:
FYI my Coach came with all the manuals . The seller said he has never seen a more well documented RV ever. I have them for just about everything for the Coach and all the brochures when it was new. If anyone has a CCC and needs information I would be happy to help with the info I have.

Do you have electrical drawings? I think that's the only thing I'm missing.