Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2015, 06:46 PM   #1

Sad to see Magna...

We're in Sparks/Reno area, at Sparks RV Marina now coming up on 10 days. Have been walking by a grey toned Magna, with Montana plates, this full time. To say it has been neglected, is a gross understatement... Original Toyo tires, badly sun faded, and cracks/rot evident. Some cracks are 1/4" deep and wide. Roof has paint has severe runs from there of top white streaks, from year after year. The arms of the mirrors, are coated with bird 'stuff'. Side roof high markers are broken. A pine tree on the site, has rubbed into the front left side above the passenger window so much, that the paint the paint is now rubbing away. Two drivers side slides are out, and the slide tops, and the canvas that would open to provide the window shades, are stained and showing signs of mold and rot. I could go on, but for those of you with harbors in old parts of the country, think of what they cal derelict classic old boats, barely afloat in the water, or even closer - up on the beach or rocks. And that gives you an idea of the condition of this Magna.

The parks Work Camper Lore - is that the only of the park is friends with the owner. That it came into the park in 2004, and the owner is a lawyer out of either Washington or Oregon, depending upon whom you talk to... He writes the monthly rent, probably at a good friend's discount, and has not been back...

(Now, all of this is again second and third hand info - so I have no idea of the accuracy of the stories... But by looking at this distress once grand gal, if it was in a barn - it would classify as a 'Barn Fine'...

I suspect by tire code, that it is a late 2003 early 2004 model, but maybe off on the date...

Hurts to see, especially as in the same park, theirs some well cared for non slide and one slide CC's with proud owners that obviously love and care for their rigs - as they should be...

This ends my 4th of July sad Magna story - please now go continue your days and evenings! But please, take care of your rigs!!! And they'll take care of you...

Best to all, be safe, have fun,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2015, 09:30 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
That is a real shame.

I once saw a Magna while driving thru St Lewis that was painted the color of the old Bounders, yuck brown. It was covered is bumper stickers with rope lights around the window frame. I tried getting a picture with my cell phone and didn't get a good one but I did get enough of the phone number on it to make a few calls to find the owner.

After a few calls, I got the guy but he told me he was to busy to talk to me and hung up.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:55 PM   #3

When I went too check out my rig, there was an exact rig in the same storage facility. Saw it and cried. Also was pissed I drove down for this 😜 Owner came up and said it has sat there for years, never moved. Then we walked over too his rig 😜👍🏻 Some folks don't take care of their rigs, such a shame...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote