RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-22-2020, 07:44 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Safe T Plus

My wife attended a rv seminar and one of the topics discussed was the safe t plus. She ask me to look into having one installed on our coach. It appears that most of the installs are on much smaller coaches. We drive a 2006 CC magna 45 ft. approximately 60,000 lbs. It handles superb and the only benefit that I see would be for front tire blow out never had one never want one. Would love to have some feed back on the use of this device on these larger and heavier coaches.

Tommy Townsend
2006 CC magna 200,000 plus miles

tomtownod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2020, 07:51 AM   #2

Two points/questions

Have you checked to see if your coach already has a steering stabilizer installed. A lot of. the larger diesel motorhomes came with one as a part of the steering system?

Have you checked to see if the Safe T Plus folks make a stabilizer and more importantly the mounting kit for your coach?

EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:08 AM   #3

I had one installed at their factory when the coach was new for safety reasons only. Cheap peace of mind. The M2 chassis really doesn't need any stabilization, IMHO.
2004 Blue Bird M380 (sold)
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:11 AM   #4

yes they make one has a special mounting bracket
tomtownod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:14 AM   #5
FXC

I too was interested in this product and for your same concern: front tire blowout. I spoke with one of their sales rep at a RV show who quoted me $975 installed. However, he wasn't sure if they had the correct part/component for my Dynomax chassis, but the next day was told they would have the correct component shipped in for an additional $200. As a check, and just to be sure, I called their main office and after some discussion with one of their techs was told their components would definitely fit a CC Magna up to a 2002. They weren't sure about my 2005 or whether it's IFS was a "Dana Kirkstwall". They're suggestion was - the next time I'm in Georgia - to stop by so they could physically inspect the coach to make sure their system would work. They didn't want me spending $$ unnecessarily. Told rep at the RV show NO.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:08 PM   #6

Unless something has changed since I last researched this, not available on the newer generation of CC's. Our 04 Allure, did not have one available to it... (Suspect, but don't know, it's Non-IFS coaches that might have one available to them...).

Best to all,
Smitty
Old 01-22-2020, 09:58 PM   #7

One thing that concerned me was the 315 tires were good for 18k at 120 which matched the kerkstall front end but left no headroom. I went to the 365s adding 2k of capacity with tire pressure around 105. I believe this move reduced the chance of blowout considerable. I dont think they have a saftey+ for the kirkstall due to the twin tierod and crosslink cofiguration but will be interested to see.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:05 AM   #8

I have an 07 Affinity 45 ft and had A safety plus installed. Also have the 315 and will be going to the 365 next tire change. All the hardware exists for this installation. It dampens the steering vibrations which for me is essential (arthritis in hands) as well as some peace of mind on the tire failure part.
jwlce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:18 PM   #9

This is great to know... I'll look back into this... I think it was Henderson that said none were available for my era CC. I assumed due to IFS, or heck, they may have even told me this... Obviously the Affinity of that year has IFS!

Another opportunity to potentially help the economy... I like every safety edge I can add to the coach!

Thanks! And best to all,
Smitty
Old 01-27-2020, 05:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwlce View Post
I have an 07 Affinity 45 ft and had A safety plus installed. Also have the 315 and will be going to the 365 next tire change. All the hardware exists for this installation. It dampens the steering vibrations which for me is essential (arthritis in hands) as well as some peace of mind on the tire failure part.
Do you know where they installed. was it on a drag link or tie rod?
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:57 AM   #11

Hi It was installed by Henderson's and it is on the drag link. I do have the IFS.
jwlce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:31 PM   #12

In 2014 returning to the USA from a 10,000 mile Alaska trip we had a right front tire blow out that did over 20K $ worth of damage on our 04 Essex. Doing 65 on I-5 north of Seattle the tire blow out and the coach went over about 1/2 lane from the middle lane but never lost control of coach and we had the Safety-T- Plus and I think it made all the difference on the steering control. Since then we have purchased a London Aire on a Spartan chassis with a 20K front axle and the 365 front tires. We also have added Rettro-Bands for the extra safety.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:43 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Location: Somewhere around TX, heading to NM and CO in the spring.
I installed a Safe-T-Plus on my 42ft Monaco and had one installed on my 45ft Entegra. Main reason was to gain that little extra safety margin in case of a front tire blowout. Can't say it helped my ride much, I already had optional suspension pieces and both coaches were tag axles which are inherently more stable than a single rear axle.

For the same reason I got the Michelin Coach "Z" steer tires, they allow me to run at 110psi instead of 115psi. Gives a little better ride as well a little less stress on the tires.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #14

Going to post a new thread. But to add to this one too...

I called the Safety-T-Plus for guidance, and sure enough, they confirmed at this time they still do not have an application for my coach. But, they said they'd love to see it, or a similar one, so they could take some measurements with their Lead Tech, to see if a bracket could be adapted/made that would work on my era Neway front end.

Very happy for those of you that have one now, and hopeful that possibly one could be made for my era coach...

2004 40' Allure with Neway IFS components.

Best to all,
Smitty