Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2021, 09:08 PM   #15

I have exactly the same thing on my 08 Affinity.
I’m thinking wood insects.
Have not figured it out.
rampage42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2021, 09:20 PM   #16
Community Moderator

Can you identify what are in the collection of dusts? If all is wood insect waste, fumigation would be the simplist way to get the job done.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:18 PM   #17

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4415.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	435.5 KB
ID:	329204

Here is what I have. Does not happen all the time, weird.
Bought some termite spray, have not tried it yet.
rampage42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:50 AM   #18
Community Moderator

It doesn't look like termite feces in your photo. California drywood termite is very common in coastal areas, and very damaging; I had to deal with it as late as last month. A rental house in S Cal we own had roof leak during a heavy storm in Jan this year, soaked drywalls in the second floor master bathroom. The mitigation and reconstruction took 4 months to complete (insurance paid for everything except $2500 deductible and a brand new roof from our pocket). During the process I noticed the evidence of the termites. It's the pile of about 1/3 of 1/8" in diameter dark brown loose balls. I had a termite fumigation done last month to get rid of them completely.

If you are not sure, put as much as you can collect the samples into a ziplock bag and take it to a termite control company in your area, they can tell you right away. I assume a tarp/fumigation for a 45' coach won't be more than $500 (maybe $300-$500). But I don't think you have a termite issue. Good luck and let us know how you end up with.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 08:21 AM   #19

We had a similar problem. Turned out the source was the ceiling mounted air conditioning vents. When they cut holes to install the vents they don't clean up the wood shavings/dust. Then as you run your AC unit the dust blows out. A small vacuum hose rattled around inside the duct work might get most of it. We still get some from time to time after 5 years. Love those "craftsmen" who build these vehicles!

Tags
ceiling