RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstaylor View Post
I agree that your symptoms sound like tired shocks. I also agree with needing to get the ride height checked. You should not experience bounce like you are getting. I did not replace my original Koni shocks until 125k miles. If you have adjustable Koni's, I would set them on the highest setting. It will ride more firm, but will give much better and safer handling.
If I read that correctly, first post and joined 8/1/2019 - welcome!!!!

Maybe not for the OP with his newer 06 coach But for other CC owner's reading this thread with I believe 2003-2004 era coaches, especially 40-45' long - the Koni Red Adjustable SP1 generation shocks just could not handle the Steers/IFS on these heavier coaches. Not a Koni problem, as said in other threads, this was non National insisting that CC install the Adjustable SP1 - despite Koni's recommendation not to.. Very possible to buy a used CC of this era, and find Adjustable SP1 shocks still installed. IMO, this should be a priority item to remove from the Steers. Koni '99' EVO's are a good shock to consider - if available for your coach.

I also recall Koni's Tech Support member Justin - telling me to not try the Koni Gold FSD on the Steer position for my moderate weight 04 Allure. Same problem, the shock would not be robust enough to handle the job.

(And gang, lots of good info that I know has helped me over the years, here on this Owner's forum available on shocks. Use the search option for this segment of IRV2 - lots of good reading.)

Best to all, have fun, be safe,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
Very true and also if it is too high. On our last Allure, a 36 foot single slide, we found that setting the shocks to their firmest setting was best.

When a coach is sitting too low it obviously decreases the travel on the shocks. But it also disengages the sway bar. Doesnít take much too notice a big difference. I would always run my former coach 3/8 of an inch higher than spec. This is combo with Road Kings, and it was an absolute joy to drive.

The replacement ride height valves today are pure junk. I would replace every 20k miles.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:36 PM   #17

Do you have a number for the valves good and bad?
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:16 PM   #18

I looked underneath the front end and found old looking red Koni's with a smaller Koni trademark, compared to the newer ones that I have seen online. I don't see anything that would indicate that they are adjustable, and I have no paperwork on them.

I may call Koni and see if they can tell me what they are, and what replacements they recommend.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #19

Could they be Koni EVO shocks?
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:35 AM   #20

Let me know what Koni shocks you need I have a brand new set that I ordered and can not use
Can't remember the number but will check
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
Could they be Koni EVO shocks?

Here is a picture of the EVO 99's that I bought to try on our coach, now in my garage as a back up spare for the Steers!

https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/Koni...scription=true

If they're all Red, then that will probably be one of the generations of the SP2 or possibly SP3. If you get a reading of the outside diameter - a call to Koni Tech Support might narrow down which generation Adjustable you have.

Best of luck,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs