Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2022, 04:37 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Silverleaf System Not Working

I have a 2007 Magna and my VMS/Silverleaf System went dead. The VMS rocker switch on center pedestal had no light when activated. Both the Silverleaf panel on front pedestal and the Silverleaf Total Coach Monitor in the bathroom hall were dead.

I checked all the 12V fuses I had access to but unable to find any fuses for the Silverleaf System. When this system goes down you are dead in the water for monitoring and controlling a lot of systems.

I called Silverleaf in Or and talk with a very helpful individual. I explained the problem and he directed me into the inverter bay to locate the fuse. It was not in the Silverleaf control module also located in this bay. The Silverleaf/VMS gets its power thru the Intellitec module located in the inverter bay on the driver side wall. This module has 6/7 fuses on it and one is labeled VMS. The VMS is the 5 amp fuse. The fuse was in fact blown which shut down the whole Silverleaf System. I replaced the fuse and the system is now fully functional again.

Just wanted to share this success story in case anyone else has a similar issue. Luckily I was at home in the garage, had I been out on the road it would have added been a whole different stress level.

Pops
Popsf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2022, 09:25 AM   #2

Thanks Steve - Have gone thru that Rodeo too - but my call was to Premier RV Services, and they pointed me at the Inverter Bay too!

Really cool that you shared this, as others down the road doing searches for problems - will now be able to check out the fuse too! (Are fuse wasn't blown. After checking it, I went into the rear closet where Intellitic has a main set of hub and brains, and a Reset ... Resetting got us up and running again. Ours started acting up as I was playing with Inverter/Charger settings, to see if I could get a 20A GFCI to stop tripping (In a campground, practicing for when I would put the coach in storage...). I confused things soo much, that suddenly the Generator Started (With AutoGen Not set to be on.).

Finally determined I'd messed it up enough, that I then called Premier!

Two other tips that they shared with me (Not related, but also just tagging along with info sharing!):

1) When in doubt, reset the Intellitic (Sometimes the Salesman Switch by the front door, will do this. But they pointed me to the closet!).

2) When in storage (Closed with no ventilation for exhausts to escape.), unplug the harness to the Generator. (That way, now possible confused system in the coach, can trigger the Generator to start.)

Oh, and GFCI just gets too much feedback from the Dual Inverters - so I ended up having to replace the outlet in the storage place with a non GFCI outlet. When we stop renting it, we'll put the GFCI back in~!

Take good care of your 07 Magna, we're 6775 - and are enjoying her greatly!!!
Best to you and all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote