Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2022, 08:04 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Slide Adjustment - looking for advice

During our last two trips I noticed a loud creaking sound when we drove over severely uneven roads. Upon inspection I noticed no gap/space between the slide and the coach body on the living room passenger slide. It looks like it is rubbing in the forward bottom corner. The rest of the slide bottom and sides have an even gap/space. The other three slides all have even gaps. Can you tell me how I adjust the slide up on that corner?

Much appreciated!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2022, 08:17 AM   #2

Well, I can tell you what I did. With the slide retracted, inside the coach, I put a jack underneath the slide to take the weight. I then removed six screws that attach the X-frame slide to the wall. Using the jack I adjusted the height of the slide to create the desired gap. I then drilled new holes in the X-frame slide mechanism near the old screw holes. I then re-used the self-tapping screws that I previously removed to reattach the slide mechanism to the wall. I now have a very nice gap like it was or should have been.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:37 AM   #3

My coach is a 2006. There is wood molding in the front of the wall. I assume the x-frame is inside that?
Old 07-31-2022, 09:02 AM   #4

I too have wood molding on the front, but I have a folding curtain on the side of my slide. The curtain is removed with a few screws along the wall side and exposes the X-frame slide mechanism. I have no idea of the type of slide on your coach. I did not have to disturb any wood trim.
Old 07-31-2022, 02:43 PM   #5

Thanks Bons.
Old 08-18-2022, 11:06 AM   #6

I have X slides and do not have to adjust them to get the bottom margin correct, make sure you don't have adjusters that lift the bottom of the slides. All 3 of my slides do.
2004 Magna 42' 3 slide Chalet CC#6315M
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:42 AM   #7

Caryt, thank you. I just PM’d you.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
I have X slides and do not have to adjust them to get the bottom margin correct, make sure you don't have adjusters that lift the bottom of the slides. All 3 of my slides do.
Please elaborate on what you know? We can all benefit.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:07 AM   #9

Here are some pictures of the slide height adjusters, drivers side has rollers and passenger slide has a UHMW center adjuster.
I also modded the drivers slide adjusters as the engineering was OK but the fabrication was poor. I added a 1/2" plate to the top and used a longer adjustment bolt.
I jacked up the passenger slide and removed the hat piece they fabricated and rewelded it properly so it wouldn't snap again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3855.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	374151   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210511_130314.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	374152  

Name:	20210511_131344.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	374154   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210513_111745.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	374155  

Attached Images

2004 Magna 42' 3 slide Chalet CC#6315M
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 11:52 AM   #10

Cart

Nice work

Always good to make things better than original

Greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 06:56 AM   #11

Morning,
In my 2006 Intrigue, my HWH components are only adjustable for tilt, to help in sealing the slide to the body of the coach. It does not adjust any other way. My slide, when extended, drops to the main floor level. This done by UHMW plastic box guides. These wear over time and can be shimmed or replaced depending on wear. HWH carries these guides. So, if you have this configuration and your coach graphics do not align, you may want to look into this.

The process:
1. Measure paint gap, slide to coach to determine shim thickness.
2. Level, extend slide 1/2 to 3/4.
3. Dump air and shut down.
4. Using a floor jack, 4X4 post and a 2/4 "T", raise the slide corner enough to reach the guide. It doesn't take much.
5. use 3/8" socket remove lag bolts and part.
6. Shim or replace.
7. Reverse order.

I have not done this yet. I will in the next 4 weeks. I'll take pics and post.

Credit goes to Doug at Premier RV for the process and Randy at HWH for the information on their components.

Bill.
Old 11-21-2022, 08:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee 45 View Post
Morning,
In my 2006 Intrigue, my HWH components are only adjustable for tilt, to help in sealing the slide to the body of the coach. It does not adjust any other way. My slide, when extended, drops to the main floor level. This done by UHMW plastic box guides. These wear over time and can be shimmed or replaced depending on wear. HWH carries these guides. So, if you have this configuration and your coach graphics do not align, you may want to look into this.

The process:
1. Measure paint gap, slide to coach to determine shim thickness.
2. Level, extend slide 1/2 to 3/4.
3. Dump air and shut down.
4. Using a floor jack, 4X4 post and a 2/4 "T", raise the slide corner enough to reach the guide. It doesn't take much.
5. use 3/8" socket remove lag bolts and part.
6. Shim or replace.
7. Reverse order.

I have not done this yet. I will in the next 4 weeks. I'll take pics and post.

Credit goes to Doug at Premier RV for the process and Randy at HWH for the information on their components.

Bill.
Bill,

Where you able to obtain the nylon glide blocks from HWH (or CC)? I was unable to as HWH is back ordered on these specific items and was told that there is currently no ETA on when they will have more built. This posed a bit of a problem for me since I had to do some slide repair on my large front driver slide (on my floorplan it contains the galley). So, I decided to remove my old nylon glide block and design/fabricate my own. It took awhile to be built, but I received the new glide blocks this past week and installed them. The fit perfect! Also, during my installation I did find that (prior to me owning this rig) that one side of my slide had shims added to level it out.

Anyway, if anyone runs into problems getting new nylon blocks, let me know as I might be able to help? Again, this glide block is only for CC coaches that have hydraulic USO (with metal chain) mechanisms that sit flush to the floor when extended.

Chad
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	InkedInkedIMG_8703.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	381312   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8818_adj.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	381313  

Name:	IMG_8839adj.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	403.4 KB
ID:	381314   Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedIMG_8851.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	381315  

cmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 01:53 PM   #13

Chad, I attempted to follow the instructions. When I had the slide raised, I could not get a socket on the lag screw, not enough room. So, I did not connect with HWH yet.

My fall back is to see if Olstrom, OMC or Premier would do it once I solidify my travel plans.
Old 11-21-2022, 02:37 PM   #14

Bill - your instructions are mostly correct. The only change I did was on your step 2. After being level, I extended the slide fully. This will expose both lag screws for access, but you will then have to retract the slide back in about 3/4". This should still keep both lag screws exposed for you to access after you jack-up the slide a bit. The biggest learning curve for me was:

1. Realize that I needed to removed pressure in the slide's hydraulic cylinders before jacking it up or it would creep in and re-cover one of the lag screws. Note: I released the pressure by opening the release valves for room 1.

2. Keep a very close eye on how much open space I had at the top of the slide while I slowly raised it up. It helps to have a buddy at this point as one person can be inside trying to wiggling out the nylon glide block as the another is outside jacking up the slide and keeping tabs on the open space at the top.

Having someone else do the work is also a good option.

Best of luck!
Chad
cmercer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, slide