Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2022, 03:10 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
The only connection between Power Gear and HWH is the parking brake switch ground signal (other than 12V power which you’ve confirmed is good).

I would recommend taking wire 21 from switch and manually grounding out as per bird hunter suggestion. It should also then ground out the relays to provide filtered ground signal through the relays and wires 21A and 21B. This can be done in the front run bay.

Let us know the outcome.

EDIT2: - also ensure the wiring on the relays and CH12 fuse (horn and park brake relay) is correct and good - CH12 provides power to park brake relays through the horn relay.

Brian.
Attachment 376753
Attachment 376754

Thanks Brian - Jumping wire #21 to ground did nothing for me. CH 12 is hot and supplying power to the PB relays per test light. I did notice that both Parking Brake relays are very warm to the touch with nothing powered on. If you are near your coach, can you see if yours is the same as I'm not sure this is normal? FYI - The original PB relays were also very warm when I replaced them a couple of days ago.

Still scratching my head.....

Ed

ELeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2022, 04:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELeland View Post
Thanks Brian - Jumping wire #21 to ground did nothing for me. CH 12 is hot and supplying power to the PB relays per test light. I did notice that both Parking Brake relays are very warm to the touch with nothing powered on. If you are near your coach, can you see if yours is the same as I'm not sure this is normal? FYI - The original PB relays were also very warm when I replaced them a couple of days ago.

Still scratching my head.....

Ed

Yes Ed the parking brake relays are slightly warm to the touch - compared to other relays in the bay. They are energized - ie pulled in - when the parking brake is on. Pulling the CH12 fuse does power down the relays and I can hear the magnet click in and out when power is applied and removed via C12 fuse. The slight warmth comes from the magnet energized.

The Power gear is easier to trouble shoot. Power at the back of the switch when keyed on - then power at the control board in bay beside motor. There is a fuse on the control board, but you probably know that.

I assume you have the drawings and have already followed power to control board? Can you apply direct 12v power to electric motor leads and get slide to move?

Brian.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:08 AM   #17

Quote:
Yes Ed the parking brake relays are slightly warm to the touch - compared to other relays in the bay. They are energized - ie pulled in - when the parking brake is on. Pulling the CH12 fuse does power down the relays and I can hear the magnet click in and out when power is applied and removed via C12 fuse. The slight warmth comes from the magnet energized.

The Power gear is easier to trouble shoot. Power at the back of the switch when keyed on - then power at the control board in bay beside motor. There is a fuse on the control board, but you probably know that.

I assume you have the drawings and have already followed power to control board? Can you apply direct 12v power to electric motor leads and get slide to move?

Brian.

I'll try the PG slide today. I've just been through knee replacement surgery and mobility into the basement is a challenge, especially when you forget a tool. LOL

Just FYI - both LR and BR slide buttons "click" in the bay under the driver. I know it wants to go, but just isn't. To me, the only thing it could be is the parking brake lockout. What am I missing?

Does it think it may be in gear? It's not, but is there a lockout for that?

Old 09-21-2022, 10:49 AM   #18

Well, there is a switch by the front door and it say's "Bay Locks" When you press that switch it should close or open all of the bay doors. It did not always work on my RV.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 01:34 PM   #19

Some coaches slides will not operate if a bay door is open
Not sure if that is so for our country coaches
I have always ensured they were closed before retracting
I know they operate with them being unlocked..

Has to be some interlock somewhere
Greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 02:20 PM   #20

I suspect you have the HWH 700 series air leveling sytem, if so, this is the service manual.https://hwhcorp.com/ml59101.pdf
If yours is not the 700, this will help you id what you do have.https://hwhcorp.com/ml17785_01_nom_pr_lesy.pdf
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 05:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I suspect you have the HWH 700 series air leveling sytem, if so, this is the service manual.https://hwhcorp.com/ml59101.pdf
If yours is not the 700, this will help you id what you do have.https://hwhcorp.com/ml17785_01_nom_pr_lesy.pdf

Thanks Ray, Mine is the 2000 series and do have that manual in my files. Not in depth enough on the trouble shooting though.

Old 09-21-2022, 05:17 PM   #22

Had the run bay open going south on I5, many beeps never shut down
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnvrvin View Post
Some coaches slides will not operate if a bay door is open
Not sure if that is so for our country coaches
I have always ensured they were closed before retracting
I know they operate with them being unlocked..

Has to be some interlock somewhere
Greg

Thanks Greg - I've never had an issue with bay doors open or closed I don't think. To make sure, I just closed them all and locked them with the inside switch. No help.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:10 AM   #24

Quote:

Brian.

Yes Brian - with power direct to the Power Gear motor, it moves as it should. Now if I can only figure a work - around to get the HWH side to work. Very frustrating. Maybe a bad ground somewhere.......

Old 09-22-2022, 11:20 AM   #25

Eeland

Found an older post on issues with his controller
Seems he had a bad controller pad...Post 49 on thread

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/05-...ng-361917.html

Just another thought,
greg
Old 09-22-2022, 02:00 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post

I misread your post Ray - I DO NOT have the service manual, only the operation manual for the 2000 system. Thanks for the heads up and the link. It gives me more ammo to attack the problem. This is the Service Manual Link to the 2000 Series:

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml31043.pdf

Old 09-23-2022, 04:49 PM   #27

It appears I'm all but fixed. I had Atlantic Mobile RV Repair 772-408-3226 (Steve Mathers) stop by. He said he had an almost identical problem on a coach last week and had mine diagnosed in 5 minutes. It was the solenoid on the hydraulic pump. 13V on the input side and 10V output. He jumped it and all works. New solenoid from Amazon will be here Sunday.

What had me stumped was the Power Gear slide not working along with the hydraulic slides. The yellow wire on the output side of the solenoid apparently feeds the power gear slide so with the low voltage it wouldn't work. It had nothing to do with the parking brake lockout as I had suspected.

Best $200 I've spent in a while plus the $22 for the solenoid.

On the road again!

Ed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH Solenoid.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	348.5 KB
ID:	377180  

Old 09-23-2022, 05:18 PM   #28

Ed
That's great news

We figured something was stopping power from getting there...hope I remember this one

Has to feel good
Greg

Tags
leveling, slide