Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2021, 06:28 PM   #1

Slide no worky

alright everybody, 2006 CC Inspire Da Vinci 40'. with electrically operated slide motors.

We travel in our motorhome for my work and last year I stayed at one site for 8 months. Everything worked fine and we had no issues prior or after we parked the MH. Around November we drove to the storage facility and came back to it at the end of January to do some cleaning and tidy up. We left last weekend for a quick 3hr drive to my first job of 2021 (no issues). Showed up, parked, engine running, leveled out with HWH....... bedroom slide 100% extension no issues, living slide 100% extension no issues, galley slide press the button and nothing, press it again and nothing.

I open up the bay doors, stuff my body inside and have the wife push the button. As soon as she clicks the button I can hear the motor click and nothing happens. As she lifts he finger off of the button the motor clicks again. The buss fuse on the little panel right next to the motor is good and not burnt out.

I am kind of stuck at this point and don't know where to go from here. The entire slide is operated by a single Lippert 386327 slide motor. I see no missing shear pins in the bottom of the bays and the two locations. I have tried to extend the slides with the motor running and not hooked up to shore power, with motor running and shore power and with just shore power.

center bay with motor location

close up of motor

shaft located in front bay on passenger side

Just looking for additional ideas to explore/troubleshoot before dropping 1k on a new slide motor
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2021, 06:42 PM   #2

Slide No Go

I have a 2007 CC Allure 430 with four slides. Three are PowerGear and one is HWH. The HWH is very fussy with regard to the coach being level....
Gary Wittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:47 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did you try releasing the brake lever and trying again?

Mike
Old 02-08-2021, 06:52 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I had a problem with my slide motor. I had left a small rug in front of the slide while bringing it in and the slide jammed. Checked everything and finally just brought the slide in manually. My wife was driving the rig to her friends house and I was going out of town/country so I found a replacement motor (yup ~$900 about 9 years ago) and had it shipped to her destination and her friends husband put it on. I told her to throw the old motor in the basement compartment.

About 6 months later when I nothing better to do I decided to look at the old motor. I took it apart and and cleaned the windings and rotor and reset the brushes with some emery cloth spinning the rotor with the cloth between the brushes and rotor. Blew everything out with compressed air and put the motor back together and tested and it worked. Nothing to loose, all to gain.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post
Did you try releasing the brake lever and trying again?

Mike
not yet, working nights 12hr shifts and trying to resolve a few other issues. just living with a sucked in slide for the mean time. will put the list of things to try tomorrow.

from what i have read so far, the clicking that occurs when the toggle button is pressed is the break disengaging and then reengaging when the button is let off of
Old 02-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Have you tried releasing the motor with the small arm on the motor and manually cranking the slide out with a wrench to see if might be stuck. If you can crank the slide a little way out the motor might work. Don't forget if you release the motor, you need to reengage.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:51 PM   #7

I have no idea why your slide will not move but looking at your picture the gear box is moving all over the place. If you look at the mounting area on the wall you can see how it's moved all around. I had to cut out some of the wall in the other small bay to get to the bolt heads and if you have to remove the motor you will have to cut it out also. The gear box on the other slide is easier to get to the bolts. I could turn mine by hand so I removed each one and applied blue loctite to fix the problem.
This slide has the most torque on the motor and gearbox because it's a drop down. I clean that area with a vacuum then spray it down with a silicone spray to help when it move up.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 01:06 PM   #8

In zooming in on your pic, your sheer bolt nut is making contact with the motor housing, almost looks like it has dented it. The slide motor is shutting off due to the torque/amperage limits.

That is probably what has moved the motor around as well.

Could be a mirage on the pic but I would take a look at it anyhow.
Build #52000, CAT C9 400HP.
2015 GMC Terrain Tow Vehicle
kandlwaddell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide