Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2017, 06:12 PM   #1

Slide outs

I have a 2001 Affinity coach and sometimes my slide outs don't want to work. For example today I parked it, leveled it using an actual level and opened the slide out. The bedroom went no problem but the living room will not budge at all.....any suggestions?
Bobhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #2

We have a 2001 Affinity with similar problems. We've found that the hydraulic pump is not running while trying to extend or retract the living room slide. Our procedure is to retract the bedroom slide and the DW will push the bedroom retract button while I activate the living room retract button. She continues to hold the bedroom retract button while the living room slide retracts. That is our SOP for activating the living room slide. Try it ...hope it helps...jim barone..work camping in Leavenworth Washington
James Barone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #3

Slide outs

What kinda procedure do you use to get them out? The bedroom one goes out but can't get the living room one to go out.
Bobhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:14 PM   #4

We use the same procedure. It seems that the bedroom control keeps the hydraulic pump running and the slides can be moved in either direction using this method. I have verified this procedure by observing the pump running when activated by the bedroom control but not by the forward control. Jim Barone 2001 Affinity in Leavenworth Washington
James Barone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have an '09 Magna but my problem is retracting the main slide. Last time I pulled the recliner/rocker and a couple of heavy items off the slide and it worked fine. I was told by an HWH tech to try adjusting the pump pressure but I don't have a gauge that goes to 3,600 psi.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:52 AM   #6

Out 04 Allure is electric motor driven vs hydraulic. So apples to oranges as far as the mechanism and slide manufactures.

-We too had the 'sometimes it works, sometimes it don't' switches mystery. Follow some advice from other CC members, we to started 'goosing' the non working switch (Usually front front slide.), by activating the opposite switch (Bedroom in this case.). This happened for about 6-7 months, about 1 1/2 years ago, and then the problem went away... (My favorite kind of maintenance, where the magic of procrastination takes of the problem!) I was told that replacing one of the switches, again usually the rear from what I remember, usually took care of the intermittent operation. And was going to do so when it started to work...

-Our front slide will sometimes, more often then not when that side of the coach has baked in the sun, stop during the initial raising of the slide to go over the coach floor. (We call it 'getting over the hump' the first 2-4" of retracting.) If working too hard, the slide will stop, and then we have to wait a few seconds hit the switch to extend it (Just as soon as it budges in the extend direction, we stop the movement.) and then we try retraction again. 9 times out of 10 it works. And we do slide out two recliners forward to be just slightly on the slide out flooring, reducing the weight the motors have to deal with. Once we've retracted the slide about half way, we stop and go slide the recliners into the slide area for traveling, and then completed the retraction. And wait until we hear the two motors 'self synchronize' (My term, forgot the formal thing that is going on, but the little noise of indicates that they are in sync for usage!).

Upon occasions, again usually in hot baking in the sun of the slide side (We have two Driver's Slides on our coach.), I'll end up having to go out and provide some assistance to help the slide get 'over the hump'. I take this responsibility seriously, and have been known to have an extra glass of vino for the purpose putting a few pounds on - all for the sake of having mass to help the slide.

OP - Hard to do a search on the Yahoo User Group (At least I fail miserably in doing so!) - but about 2 1/2 years ago their was a great thread about the different kinds of slides involved. As I recall, besides our normal CC owners participating with their school of hard knocks info - Kevin Waite also chimed in to help qualify some of the unique differences between models and models years, in regards to the different slides. And the more common problems were discussed... If you have the time to go back in time on that board, you might find it a useful read!

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out