Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2020, 05:05 PM   #1

Slow water fill and incorrect % capacity readings?

We have an 06 Country Coach Intrigue 530 Jubilee 45’, #12055
I am having problems filling my water tank. It sometimes takes up to 1.5 hrs to go from 35% to full. I have tried different hydrant sources, some with more pressure than others, but still should not take an hour to fill my 104 gal tank. I am wondering if there is a pressure reducer somewhere, put there to protect the plumbing system? Or, perhaps there is a water filter on the system somewhere that is plugged and needs to be replaced. I am not aware of any filters and am not using a filter when I fill the tank. (Perhaps I should be?) Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I am also having issues with the panel that displays the percentage of capacity of the black water tank. When empty, it reads 0% but after the first flush it may jump to 84%, next flush jumps to 64%, then jumps around to different readings until actual capacity exceeds 69%, then it appears to read correctly. When reading correctly, our experience has been that each flush adds 3% to the total percent of capacity. I religiously run the sani flush a couple of times after I empty the tank, and the water draining appears to be clear. The gray water and fresh water indicators appear to display correctly. Does the black water tank use a float for a sensor or some other system? Could the problem be electrical with the display panel?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2020, 05:28 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
If your coach is similar to mine there is a pressure reducer built in to the city water connection and I turn a ball valve handle to fill fresh water tank from city water connection I also have a gravity fill at the top of my plumbing bay. I suspect the quarter turn ball valve may be restricted in your unit - guts/ball may not be fully opening towards tank. Do you notice a flow restriction out if taps when your connected to city water? Can you gravity fill to see if it is faster?

Second - the electronic stick on level sending unit for my SeeLevel can malfunction/short out. I replaced one on my fresh tank when it malfunctioned. Yes - my values also increase in 3% increments on my black/grey/fresh tank.

It takes me about 15-20 minutes to fill 100 gallon fresh tank. This is on my house well at 40-60 psi.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:16 PM   #3

Is the center valve horizontal? Are you connected to the white water inlet atvtgevtopvright of the panel?
Old 06-24-2020, 12:49 PM   #4

slow water fill and incorrect % capacity readings

Thank you both for your replies. First, regarding the slow water fill, Bill, yes, I turn the center valve to horizontal when filling tank, then back to vertical when filled for use. Yes, I do have another hose input and another ball valve on the upper right of my water bay but I have never used them or understood what they are for. This valve is labeled tank to pump in the horizontal position (normal operating position) and inlet to pump in the vertical position. The hose connection is labeled inlet to pump. I have always assumed that this hose connection and inlet to pump valve setting would only be used to put RV antifreeze into the system for winterizing.

Am I wrong? Would this hose connection let me also fill the fresh water tank in the tank to pump setting?

Now for the tank capacity indicators... How do they work? Is there a float in each tank that provides info to the sensor? If so, can you get to them to replace them if defective?

Brian, I am not familiar with a See Level sensor. What is it? Where is it, how do you access it to replace it. I appreciate your input and would like to learn how to correct the problem myself.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:20 PM   #5

I had to remove my water bay panel because the water pressure valve was leaking. I blocked the lines up to make it e/z to replace. I think the tank senders are on the outside of the tanks because mine always work the same with the Alpenlite 5er we had, both had SeaLand systems.
2 stroker Click image for larger version

Name:	20191008_152728.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	290751Click image for larger version

Name:	20191009_144554.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	290752
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 01:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb1256 View Post

Now for the tank capacity indicators... How do they work? Is there a float in each tank that provides info to the sensor? If so, can you get to them to replace them if defective?

Brian, I am not familiar with a See Level sensor. What is it? Where is it, how do you access it to replace it. I appreciate your input and would like to learn how to correct the problem myself.
On my Allure the panel to view the tank capacities is a separate panel mounted to the wall inside the coach (my 2007 Allure 37" Sunset Bay SeeLevel panel is installed in mid bath). Your coach may have Total Coach Control? and not have a separate panel?

SeeLevel is a product from Garnett Industries that uses external mounted electronic sensors to measure liquid level in RV tanks. The company origins are in liquid measurement in the oil and gas industry.

The sensors are stuck to the outside of the tank. The electronics inside the sensor have diagnostics built in that can be displayed from inside panel. When the sensor electronics fail the sensor can be replaced with a new similar sensor. The external mounted design is an improvement from insert style sensors that protrude through the tank and can get contaminated with sludge/toilet paper/etc.

Here is a link to Garnet RV SeeLevel Systems Click here! There are some information pages and videos.

Hope this helps.
Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SeeLevel II Modle 712TT.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	291147  
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
Old 06-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #7

I have the same system as BrianGlenn. My grey tank readings were all over the map until I saw that the sensor strip on the side of the holding tank was peeling away in spots. I stuck it back down temporarily with masking tape thinking an adhesive might give me bad readings. It has been working perfectly since. If the tape loosens up, I'll just retape with something more stout.

I get the same +3% per flush as well on the black tank.

For the fresh water, I only used the fresh water fill connection once and it seemed like it took forever to fill. I didn't time it, but I was on my belly a lot looking to see where the he!! the water was going. Now I know why.

Ed

ELeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:13 PM   #8

Thanks Ed, so how do you fill your fresh water tank now?
Which connection are you calling fresh water fill? The middle hose connection?
What is the inlet to pump hose connection for?
Old 06-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #9

For the only other time I filled the fresh water, I used the gravity fill at the top of the water bay.

The fill is behind the circled access door.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1062_LI.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	291295  

Old 06-28-2020, 02:35 PM   #10

Thanks ED, your water bay looks completely different than mine. I would send the photos I have taken, but have not been able to attach or insert an image... IRV2 wants a URL to insert the image.... my photos have not been posted on the web and as far as I can see, do not have a URL.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:34 PM   #11

The water bay configuration got updated in 2007.

For pictures, when you are in the new post or reply screen, look for a button toward the bottom that says "Manage Attachments". From there you can browse your own computer to upload the photo(s).

Ed

Old 06-29-2020, 08:34 PM   #12

Thanks Ed, here is a photo of my water bay panel. The panel is not easy to remove with hose connections and ball valves. I can see one printed circuit board just below and behind it but can't tell what it monitors or controls. I appreciate your help!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV monitor panel.pdf (485.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 06-29-2020, 08:36 PM   #13

Sorry, that is a picture of my monitor panel inside. I will have to get a better picture of my water bay in daylight...
Old 06-30-2020, 09:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb1256 View Post
Sorry, that is a picture of my monitor panel inside. I will have to get a better picture of my water bay in daylight...
You have the SeeLevel system monitoring panel 713CC - here is a link to the manual. Click Here SeeLevel 713CC. I also attached it as a pdf to this post.

Chapter 6, near the end of the document, is the trouble shooting guide and instructions to view sensor diagnostics.

Based on your sticky labels - looks like it has been troublesome for some time - I suspect your sensors are coming detached from the tanks.

Hope this helps.
Brian
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 713CC_Shop_Manual.pdf (112.3 KB, 13 views)

Tags
water