RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:33 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by macthick View Post
Here we are 2 months. Took it to new mechanic he is chasing what has been done. The coach will not stay in travel mode it runs down hill (low in front) Original mechanic unhooked solenoids in front so I could move it but as soon as you hook them back up valve releases air and front. Mechanic has called HWH they say it's not there system causing problem. Any Ideas ??

I have a suggestion you may want to consider and that is to subscribe to the technical support provided by Kevin Waite and his BIL, Butch Williams. They are former CC builders/techs. Kevin owns a mobile RV repair business in Junction City, OR and Butch is service manager at Fountain RV in Lakeland, FL. For $350 per year, they are available by phone or email and will provide support to you or to someone working on your coach. These guys are sharp and this service has saved me more than what I pay each year in helping me with repairs I can do myself or saving me time and money by not having to take the coach to a shop.

K&M Mobile RV Repair, Junction City, Oregon.
541-953-6162
kvn.wt.7629@gmail.com

FYI, my 2007 Allure seems to be stubborn about going to Travel Mode after it has been leveled and parked for some time. When I start the coach, I let it air up fully before I try to engage Travel Mode. Some times it will engage and stay there but often, it will quickly switch back to 'Leveling' mode. When this happens, I push the 'stop' button on the HWH panel, then hit 'Dump' and let the suspension settle. I then engage 'Travel Mode' and it usually then will stay in Travel Mode.

I was at HWH in Moscow, IA last year and had them check on this. They could find nothing wrong and told me that the air lines to the front bags are small and it just takes more time for the front to air up. I do know my rear bags fill first and then the front bags. Sometimes it seems to take a long time for the front to come up.

We then took the coach to CC in Oregon last September. Their chassis guy checked all three of my ride height valves, verified proper ride height, and retested the system. All checked out. However, it still will occasionally switch quickly from Travel Mode back to Leveling mode when I start up. This only occurs if the coach has been in the Leveling mode while parked.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2017, 11:20 PM   #44

Get the Service Manual
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:34 AM   #45

Thanks
macthick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:16 PM   #46
Commercial Member

when you turn the hwh system off, the travel valves allow the air to pass straight thru the manifold,with no restriction. you can test this by opening the manual tee handles on the side of the manifold. which also allows the air to pass straight thru.
the light flashing between travel and level is an indication of low air pressure. slow inflation of the front air bags, because of smaller supply lines.
this is a ride height problem, not an hwh problem. when our system is turned off, the height control is run by the chassis settings.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf COUNTRY COACH RIDE HEIGHT.pdf (2.82 MB, 29 views)
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:48 PM   #47

FINALLY!!!
Got it back today. There or no designated RV mechanics in this area so it was a slow go.
The first shop I took it to was a major truck franchise They welded up and fixed my sway bar "did I a pretty good job"and changed out my front valve but never could get it to stay in travel mode they finally punted said they were unable to fix it so I needed to take it somewhere else.
I had found this shade tree who worked on trucks and RVs was a reference from a couple of coach owners . But he had vacation and regular customers pushing me to the side so I learned a little patience during this last month. He traced it to the manifold valve , some one at my previous stop had stripped out one of the solenoids causing my problem. I assume one of the 6 solenoids was bad and when they went to check it they stripped it out. And that's when they gave up. (Only assumption)So contacted HWH (by the way azpete was very helpful to me in this endeavor so I think him very much!) and finely talking to AJ atCountry Coach I got it ordered . After a week of waiting for my part I called CC and they to HWH I found that my manifold had been lost by UPS!! "old fifth wheel really looking good about now"anyway the package had been delivered across the street by mistake. and delivered to me a week later . Now I have my coach back and can start doing some things to it and take it out and use it!!!!! Thank you lord !!!

P.s busted my windshield today testing it out???
macthick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension