Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #1

system monitor and voice synthesizer

I have a 94 Affinity and my system monitor stopped working. I have power to the small circuit board in ft of a larger board, this is where the power enters the system as well as reset switch wires. The unit would monitor tanks when parked or all systems when driving. It started telling me my antenna was up (was down) when we started up then quit altogether.
Anybody have any experience with this or ideas on how to check the system?
vanislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I made a basic excel spreadsheet wire schedule of the wires to the four affected pc boards. The positive wire 373 is the power source to the tanks indicator lights. I can email the document.

It is possible our coaches wiring is similar. There is no schematic in my manuals for the boards in the upper dash panels. But you can use the wire schedules in the manual to try to figure things out.

I have disconnected my black and grey water voicebox connection because it was irritating and in error. The lights are all I really need for the tanks. The other voicebox alerts still work ok.

Folks on RV.net did a great job of walking this novice through the repair of my Automatic Water Fill board. A great time consuming experience, but necessary because it is not likely a replacement board can be found.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #3

Thanks, its not the tanks I'm wondering about but everything else, the other systems it monitors. #81 is the power infeed wire along with grd (green) into the small panel. Although I've tried reseting the systems a number of times I'll possibly try again tomorrow. The original tech at CC told me parts were no longer available for the processor.
vanislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #4

I am having issues with my 1993 Magna. The monitor panel has all functions except both chassis and house voltages read 2 to 3 volts lower than actual. Any ideas on where to look for the problem. I determined that it had a good ground and all the lights work.

Also I am looking to install an in-motion satellite receiver and will be looking for the best wiring solution. Any ideas on that? Thanks, Joe
jofo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofo777 View Post
I am having issues with my 1993 Magna. The monitor panel has all functions except both chassis and house voltages read 2 to 3 volts lower than actual. Any ideas on where to look for the problem. I determined that it had a good ground and all the lights work.

You might need to clean the positive or negative battery posts and connectors to get a better signal to the guages?

I elected to install a separate Link 2000 monitor meter (I do not recommend this specific unit) to provide voltage information on both batteries.

When boon docking, battery management is best done between 12.6 vdc and 12.2 vdc. 12.6 is a full charge. 12.2 is @ 50% discharged and time to recharge the house battery. At about 11.8 vdc you are about done using the batteries to run your systems.

The upper dash monitor on my rig reads in .5 vdc increments which is not very useful for house battery monitoring aside from any monitoring errors.

Also I am looking to install an in-motion satellite receiver and will be looking for the best wiring solution. Any ideas on that? Thanks, Joe
I do not know the best solution, but my in-motion is mounted on the center of the roof just behind the air horns. The wires are run a short distance across the roof and down into the video cabinet. There are pre-plumbed dome wires run to a point inside a cabinet above the refrigerator. But we did not use those wires.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #6

That's great. I agree that the usefulness of the voltage monitor is marginal at best, but it was a convenient way of checking for a major problem with the charging system. I do have a Xantrex charge controller with a digital reading.

I have another issue with the monitor. It is not getting the ground signal from the entry door and is reporting that the door is open when I shift into gear. The step is closing with the door so I know that the door switch is working. does anyone know where the voice synthesizer board is on the Magna? Thanks for the help, Joe.
jofo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #7

On my rig, the voice synthesizer board is behind the right upper dash panel, I think. There are several OEM boards there for which there is no documentation in the manual. I have not had the panels off since I unplugged the black water tank connection from the speech board several years ago.