Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tampa Super Show, Any Tips??

Wondering if any of my fellow CC owners have attended the RV show in Tampa? We plan to drive up there from Bradenton tomorrow and wonder if there are any tips, suggestions from others. We understand once you get parked, there are trams that will take you around the complex.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2017, 07:06 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Print out this coupon to save a couple dollars !

http://1qm4y04akvksplaht42qfdwz.wpen...1-coupon-1.png
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:53 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Well, been there, done that.

Let me first say I am not a fan of huge crowds but will subject myself to them if I am of a mind to do so, which isn't often.

DW and I went to the show primarily because we were in the area, were curious and have never been to any large RV show. We are not RV shopping (the only thing I saw there I'd have over my current coach was a Foretravel).

We went early but the traffic back up on I-4 to exit to 301 delayed us for 1/2 hour. The traffic issue was a real mess and there was only one police officer at the fairgrounds entrance so folks trying to get on/off I-4 were left to their own devices. We got in and saw what we wanted for about 3 hours. By the time we were leaving around 12:30, the crowd standing by the gates waiting to get in was massive. Again, no police presence or any other staff to do any traffic control so exiting the fairgrounds back onto 301 was a life-threatening move. Can't believe they didn't have someone there to help with that.

The traffic back up by now extended on I-4 all the way to its connection with I-75 north and traffic was backed up on I-75 for miles. Not sure if this will continue for the duration of the event but it would seem the local authorities would have insisted on some plan to prevent that kind of issue. Maybe that's just the way it is in Florida.

Overall, it was interesting but not something I'd do again .
Old 01-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #4

We experienced the same conditions you did yesterday. BIG show, a lot of people and exhibitors and now that we've been there we don't need to return for a while.

Curtis Nikel
2004 HR Navigator 40PBT
2015 RAM 1500 Toad
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote