Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2015, 10:51 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Tip for Black Water tank rinse feature

I have a 2002 CC. It has a hook up to help keep the black water tank clean. (sorry don't remember the name of the system) On my 36' Intrigue I have a vacuum breaker for this system in the bathroom under the sink. I found that I had a broken fitting due to the tank end of the system being plugged and freezing. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to unclog the tank end of the system? Would a dose of Ridex work?
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2015, 10:59 PM   #2

RID-X is not going to do you any good

The problem is that the holes in sprayer are plugged and water got trapped in flusher line on downstream side of anti-siphon/vacuum breaker.

Short of 'pulling' the spray tube out of side wall of black tank I can't think of how to clean/unplug the holes.
CLR, vinegar or any other type of chemical that could dissolve calcium would work.......problem is getting it into flusher tubing
Try pumping it into flush connection and it will just leak out of vacuum breaker device because they are 'open' to atmosphere (that's how they break vacuum and prevent siphoning action)

Install an aftermarket flush system and RIP the OEM system ????
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #3

Go on the opposite side of the plumbing bay and open the bay door, the short one in front of the wheel. Do you see an access panel there? Open it up and you will find the sprayer connected to the hose. Empty the tank and remove the sprayer and drill the holes a little larger then reinstall,

If this panel isn't there, you can cut one to get to the sprayer. I'm going to the coach and will take a pix and post
Old 11-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #4

Don2346, on the 36', opposite of the plumbing bay is the Hurricane heater bay.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
I have a 2002 CC. It has a hook up to help keep the black water tank clean. (sorry don't remember the name of the system) On my 36' Intrigue I have a vacuum breaker for this system in the bathroom under the sink. I found that I had a broken fitting due to the tank end of the system being plugged and freezing. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to unclog the tank end of the system? Would a dose of Ridex work?
pumper9x9
Remove the sprayer from the tank, clean it, and the holes in it, and reinstall.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
Don2346, on the 36', opposite of the plumbing bay is the Hurricane heater bay.

Very well aware of the Hurricane as I have one. Here is a pix of the access panel on my coach. Behind it are the rinse sprayers for both the black and grey tanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8610.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	111813  
Old 11-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #7

Don, I do not have this access panel on my coach. Curious to see if he does in fact have one, as I have the same issue with that spray nozzle.

bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
Don, I do not have this access panel on my coach. Curious to see if he does in fact have one, as I have the same issue with that spray nozzle.

Well, there is always a jig saw
Old 11-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #9

No panel like that in my coach on the R. side. I have one that access the water pump on the L. side plumbing compartment. I guess the compromise here is just don't let that freeze. I also think the the tube you have to remove is on the L. side of the coach.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:43 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Very well aware of the Hurricane as I have one. Here is a pix of the access panel on my coach. Behind it are the rinse sprayers for both the black and grey tanks.
mine is exactly like this. i thought it were standard, guess not. my rinse nozzle is right behind the access door. for those not having it, probably need to cut one for now and future.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:56 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
I have a vacuum breaker for this system in the bathroom under the sink. I found that I had a broken fitting due to the tank end of the system being plugged and freezing.
did you mean the thin clear tube under the bathroom sink at the right hand corner when you open the doors and look inside? i have the tube but never realized what it is for... ah, always have something new.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:35 AM   #12

Just reread the posts. There is no vacuum breaker installed in the tank rinse lines. It goes straight from the female connector in the plumbing bay across the tops of the tanks to the sprayer. There is an anti siphon valve in that line. My breaker is installed right at the sprayer
Old 11-16-2015, 10:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Just reread the posts. There is no vacuum breaker installed in the tank rinse lines. It goes straight from the female connector in the plumbing bay across the tops of the tanks to the sprayer. There is an anti siphon valve in that line. My breaker is installed right at the sprayer
My black tank rinse has vacuum breaker like this in the water line running to it:

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:20 PM   #14
Community Moderator

could someone explain what the clear tube with a breather on the end under the bathroom sink for? when you open the sink doors you will see it at your right hand side.

Tags
tank, water