Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2022, 10:41 PM   #1

Tow board help

Have 2003 38' Allure with tow circuit board located in fuel filter compartment. I am not getting any Driver's side turn signal at the tow plug. All lights on my Coach work fine and have a signal for driver's side turn signal on input side of tow circuit board but no signal on output side of circuit board.
Have checked and all fuses are good and pin jumper is correct. Passenger side turn signal works fine and you can hear flasher at board. When drivers side turn signal is on the flasher is barely heard at board. My question is can you replace the circuit board, if so where is it sourced or can it be repaired
gdbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2022, 11:09 PM   #2

Possible Vendor

I purchased one a couple years ago, pretty sure I got it from OMC, Oregon Motor Coach. It was in stock, they shipped right away. If my memory is correct it was in the $300 - $320 range, but 2 years ago, before all prices exploded.

1-800-942-6860.
letsride4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:26 AM   #3

I bought mine from Kevin Waite. 541-983-6162
2002 Country Coach Affinity 42' #6063 CAT C12 505hp & Matching Featherlite Trailer or 2009 Lexus GX Toad
MarylandRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 10:26 AM   #4

Good advice on both counts. When my board went bad I wired the toad directly to the Motorhome rear tail and stop lights simple fix as I was on the road traveling. The lights in my crv are add on led lights I installed in the existing lenses and are only using the coach system for power so no diode circuits involved
Old 08-18-2022, 10:28 AM   #5

I would swap out the fuse with a known good one ...passenger side..to see if your good
I have in the past have had fuses look and ohm out good but were in fact bad

Easy thing to do before swapping out the board,

Greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 01:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandRich View Post
I bought mine from Kevin Waite. 541-983-6162
Same here, for the spare board that I carry.
Old 08-18-2022, 02:40 PM   #7

Maybe a bad flasher unit, can you swap the two and see if the trouble follow?
Capacitor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 10:38 AM   #8

Towing Printed Circuit Board was bad and expensive to replace so I cut the wires off input and output plug and spliced together. I was told board was fused to help prevent short in Coach. I have been running like this for 3 years with no problem. Coach has fuse in fuse block to protect wiring.
lbfrombigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 09:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfrombigd View Post
Towing Printed Circuit Board was bad and expensive to replace so I cut the wires off input and output plug and spliced together. I was told board was fused to help prevent short in Coach. I have been running like this for 3 years with no problem. Coach has fuse in fuse block to protect wiring.
That is correct, but if you do have a short some ware between the coach and the trailer, it will blow the coach fuses instead, and you will lose the signal/ break light on the coach when driving, as well as your trailer. The board is to help protect against that happening. I like that, and feel the board is worth it. I wish my fleet of trucks had this, but no one makes an off the shelf option. Country coach made there own. I’ll keep mine.
2002 Country Coach Affinity 42' #6063 CAT C12 505hp & Matching Featherlite Trailer or 2009 Lexus GX Toad
MarylandRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 07:18 AM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
M&M RV electronics repair circuit boards. I wonder if they would work on a custom board from CC? They have demonstrated great customer service when I have dealt with them in the past. They are an Intellitec authorized repair facility.

A possible option to investigate for repair rather than replacement.

https://www.mmrvelectronics.com
Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 01:30 PM   #11

And thats a keeper link, thank you.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 04:34 PM   #12

I think you are right with a fleet of trucks, you never know if trailer has any wiring problems. My toad never changes and I use a separate bulb in tail light strictly for towing. For off the shelf protection between trailer and truck for your fleet google fuse block. They come in many versions for about 15.00 and are easy to install.
The Country Coach board will also let you hook up if toad uses a separate bulb for turn and brake lights. A 2 to 3 tail light converter for 20 .00 will accomplish this.
lbfrombigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 10:26 PM   #13

The tow board was missing from my Magna when I got it. Or else the place that installed my towing setup threw it away. It just had a converter and the diodes etc in the toad. Worked fine for about 12 years. Then there was a short I think in the umbilical cord connector on the toad and the converter went bad. It blew a bunch of fuses in the coach including brake and tail lights, instrument lights and Jake control. Happened on the interstate at night. Was not fun. I got a new converter and simply wired fuses between the converter and the coach. That was a couple of years ago. No problems. A lot less expensive than a tow board and much simpler.
Old 08-22-2022, 01:29 AM   #14

Curt makes an adapter, less than $30.
Add fuses to the output wires and should never have a problem. CC way overthinking the issue with a tow board.
rampage42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow