Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2022, 01:49 PM   #1

Transfer switch location 99 Intrigue

Can someone be so kind as to tell me where the transfer switch is located that determines the AC input to the inverter that comes from either shore power or the generator? Thank You so much. 36 ft 1999 Country Coach Intrigue.
juckalucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2022, 02:34 PM   #2

That's not how it works.

Shore and generator go to transfer switch and then out to main breaker panel.

On the main breaker panel is a 30 amp breaker that sends power to the inverter/charger.
In the inverter/charger is another transfer switch ( pass thru ) that sends power from the inverter breaker to some of your stuff.

If no shore or generator power is coming to the inverter/charger, it makes power from batteries and sends that out to some stuff.

Some stuff will be some outlets, TVs and maybe the microwave.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:29 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Where ever your electrical panel is, the transfer switch is close by. If you have the rear closet, look on the pax side inside the closet. There should be a panel to remove. Another way to track it down, plug the coach in and go in the bedroom and listen for the "klunk" of the switch
Old 11-22-2022, 09:06 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I had a 99 40 ft.The switch was in the storage over the head of the bed on the drivers side.
mackpeteno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:11 AM   #5

[QUOTE=twinboat;6364070]That's not how it works.

Shore and generator go to transfer switch and then out to main breaker panel.

On the main breaker panel is a 30 amp breaker that sends power to the inverter/charger.
In the inverter/charger is another transfer switch ( pass thru ) that sends power from the inverter breaker to some of your stuff.

If no shore or generator power is coming to the inverter/charger, it makes power from batteries and sends that out to some stuff.

Some stuff will be some outlets, TVs and maybe the microwave.[/QUOT

Twinboat,
Thank you for replying,

I have power to the breaker switch in the electrical breaker pane which sends power to the inverter when shore power is plugged in but not when shore power is unplugged and generator is running. No power to circuit breaker or down stream to inverter. I am assuming transfer switch is stuck on the shore power side of switch and won't switch to generator side? I have tried plugging in shore power while someone listens for the "clunk" of the transfer switch inside the coach but I don't think the TS "clunks" when it is stuck. I have heard that there is a time delay on sone TS switches so I wait for the "clunk" for a minute or two and then try it again. I have read on this forum where a fella plugged shore power in several times rapidly and got his TS to unstick (temporarily). I will try the rapid method today.

What a great thread for helping one another with our coach problems. I hope I'm able to assist some members in the future in my field of expertise which is diesel engines.

Thank You Again, Dave
Old 11-23-2022, 11:33 AM   #6

Did you check/reset breakers on the generator ?

Generator needs to be running properly and at speed to produce 120 volt power.

There is a 30 +/- second delay when the ATS switchs to generator power. That gives the generator time to stabilize its output before sending it out.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:27 PM   #7

Update

Update: The inverter is now receiving 120v ac whether connected to shore power or generator. I used a method that another user posted about to get the TS unstuck, and that was to plug the shore power cord in and out 3 or 4 times within a minute. I realize that this is only a temporary fix and I will still have to find the TS and see if it is sticky and why. If I find it I will probably clean the carbon contacts and file them slightly, or replace it. Still don't hear a "clunk", but that is probably my old ears. (if I find it)

Thanks to all who posted to help me. I hope and can help someone (s) in the future.

Dave
Old 11-27-2022, 03:51 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Look at the space above the main panel behind the board, accessible from inside the overhead cabinet.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 09:55 PM   #9

Transfer switch location 99 Intrigue

In the 95 32í Intrigue it is behind the bottom drawer drivers side.
Akashawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, switch, transfer switch