Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2021, 03:47 PM   #1

Turning on Xantrex inverter?

This makes me feel lame as i ask this question. Went to the coach today to get it ready for a service visit tomorrow.I started the prime mover in order to move the slides out and do a few other tasks such as turning on lights.
Is there a way to start or turn on the inverter without plugging in to shore power or starting the genset?
I was charging both sets of batteries and had the house on but the xantrex never woke up and neither did the intellitec load monitor. This seems odd to me. Of course if I light off the gen everything will be fine two minutes later. And once all is on then I can shut down the gen and have full function while inverting. Seems dumb to need to start the gen for a few minutes just to wake everything up ? Am I missing something?
Jonathan, 2008 Allure Sunset Bay 37 425 ISL #31609
jonemw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2021, 09:09 AM   #2

Jonathan,yes, if you have sufficient power in your house batteries then you should be able to turn on your inverter and operate 120v equipment without having to run your generator. My original inverter could be turned on/off at the remote panel above our door (we've since replaced that inverter and located the new one's control panel elsewhere). Your Xantrex will not be inverting if you're plugged into shore power.

Do you have the manual for your Xantrex unit?
Old 04-27-2021, 11:36 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
What is your inverter and remote control panel?

The newer SCP remote control panel? The newer SCP requires a number of the settings in the Setup section set to certain settings to power up the inverter.

Watch this one -
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:15 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. My inverter is the original xantrex 2000 that came with the coach. My remote panel looks exactly like the one in the video, but has older/different software and screen implementation. My problem is I cannot get the remote panel to light up or respond to any form of key input. I need to assume(questionable of course) that the original build from country coach set the parameters correctly, as everything is factory stock/original. I am comfortable with most of the modes and have operated it successfully for a long time, but trying to turn it on and get the green light as shown in the video requires starting the generator(regardless if there is any load) so that the remote panel lights up. I do have the manual and will study it in detail again when I have the coach back in my possession(in for service).
Old 04-27-2021, 10:06 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonemw View Post
Thanks for the replies. My inverter is the original xantrex 2000 that came with the coach. My remote panel looks exactly like the one in the video, but has older/different software and screen implementation. My problem is I cannot get the remote panel to light up or respond to any form of key input. I need to assume(questionable of course) that the original build from country coach set the parameters correctly, as everything is factory stock/original. I am comfortable with most of the modes and have operated it successfully for a long time, but trying to turn it on and get the green light as shown in the video requires starting the generator(regardless if there is any load) so that the remote panel lights up. I do have the manual and will study it in detail again when I have the coach back in my possession(in for service).
My self installed Xantrex remote control panel for my 26 year old Freedom 25 inverter is powered by 12V current.

I would suspect if you need to provide 120v (generator) to activate your remote panel, your house batteries are depleted or disconnected or the switch on the inverter itself is in the wrong position.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:01 PM   #6

I have 4 large 6v golf car batts new as of November. Monitor show 13.9 v normally when off charge. i have not been in the basement to look at the inverter in over a year, so if there is a switch on it i will investigate. otherwise i suppose it may be possible to change setting via remote, but That will take some investigation also, once i have my coach back. They are having trouble finding front airbags.
Since i now know the remote panel is 12v powered, i suspect a setting is wrong since getting the panel to wake up will fix all my issues.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:53 PM   #7

okay, as a followup to this thread, i have my coach back now and further study has presented this info:
Batteries are new and are at nominal 13.7 so are fully charged. I have been using Hibernate mode for many years when the coach is stored, as directed . Coach is stored and not plugged in...
On page 2-11 of the manual, a direct quote: once in hibernate mode, the SCP cannot return the system to operate mode. You must restore power to the network by pressing the reset button the RS2000 front panel for several seconds. NOTE: this is not the scp, it is the control on the actual inverter. Of course, this is in the basement behind a latched panel, and not easily accessible.
Now, there is a second option, the red system button on the SCP, which places the inverter into power save mode. This is suggested for use while driving , when power demand is low. This red SCP button will also turn off power to the SCP.
Here is where it gets confusing. The manual says you can use this red system button to enter OR EXIT power save mode. However, pressing this button will not turn on the scp. The next paragraph says that in order to enter operate mode, you need to apply utility(edison) POWER OR GENERATOR Power. So, back to square one here. Seems a strange design, No?

Tags
inverter, xantrex