Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2017, 10:37 AM   #1

TV Upgrade

Trying to upgrade TV in '07 Tribute. The TV has a frame (like below, but in front) with 4 screws in front. I assumed you'd remove those and take the frame off. Not so. Look the side panel off inside the door on right, but cant see what is holding it on. Any thoughts? Thx.

TriCitySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #2

Removing the screws on the front trim frame and getting it out of the way, will give you a good view of what you have to do next. I've replaced a few, and found that each were blocked in by different pieces of lower out of sight wood trim pieces. But no experience with your model.

Our bedroom TV cabinet now has more storage shelves. I had two matching cabinet doors made. Ours is in a cornet cabinet, and we will mount a smaller LCD TV on an arm that can swivel out of the way to get access to the cabinet doors. (But two years now, and neither I or the DW miss not having the TV. We sometimes stream on a tablet, but very seldom.)

I've seen one gent that had shelves made, and cabinet doors. On one of the cabinet doors he had stronger hinges added, and mounted the LCD to that side of cabinets. (Offset so it overlapped the other door, and leaving enough room so that he can open the door with the TV on it, and the other door too - for almost full access to the stuff in the cabinets.) (Sorry I described that poorly - but I know what I want!)

Best of luck to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:03 PM   #3

Yeah...the problem is I can't get the front frame off. Removed the 4 screws and it doesn't come off.
TriCitySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:58 PM   #4

Removing TV

On my 05 Inspire, similar to your Tribute, I had to remove the side AND back panels in the two cabinets one on each side of the TV.
This allowed me to see and access the bolts that are attached to the back of the original TV.
RJ 2005 CC Inspire #51264
ronandsue74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCitySam View Post
Yeah...the problem is I can't get the front frame off. Removed the 4 screws and it doesn't come off.
10-4! Missed this as I read you first post:(!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:02 PM   #6

The screws may only be part of the securing method that CC used. I have found in my '99 Allure screws AND Velcro. The first time I was scared trying to pry the component out after I removed the screws but a little tugging and I could hear that familiar noise. My TV's were the old tube type and once the frame was unscrewed and off the TV slid out, literately.

Good luck....
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade