Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage CC

My friend has owned no fewer than 12 motorhomes, including several DPs. She spotted a 1990 Country Coach for sale, and I asked if I could tag along to see it, just for fun.

My biggest concern is some surface distortion of the fiberglass running vertically behind the driver's window, some poorly-applied touchup in the general area. A patch was applied to the fiberglass, evidenced by a hairline crack where a repairman had made a seam, for two or three inches, oriented vertically.

I made a Picasa album of the pictures I took HERE.

As always, your input is valued.
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Interesting coach. I would want to know more about the panels shown in the picture with the battery tray pulled out. It looks like a bunch of delamination there, could be just the picture. The interior is very interesting.

It would take a few bux to get it to where I would like it but anything is possible with money.

Why would a woman want a coach that is going to take some work to get back into shape?
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:53 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Believe it or not, coaches like this are selling for about $25k now. It may take another $10k to completely go through it and take care of the biggest concerns and make it a trust worthy coach again. It appears to have been neglected. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #4

That is a Country Coach Concept I think. Great body lines and top of the CC line other than bus conversions at the time. Looks to be in great condition from a distance.

The water at the overhead cabinets may be from an antenna lead leak. I had one there and found it easy to clean up the ceiling material and woodwork after repair of the sealant.

I would think the coach would have a higher market price just because it was a limited edition Concept, if I have identified it correctly. I have read of people who are searching for that kind of rig.

The repairs and replacements look to be easy to accomplish.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I was drooling!
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Link Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2 View Post

I made a Picasa album of the pictures I took HERE...
The good people at Google have been smoking Mother Nature again, my album link has become non-functional.

Here is an updated link.
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vintage