Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2017, 01:52 PM   #1

Watched my coach drive away today

Today was a sad day, as I watched the new proud owner drive off. We spent the last two days completely going through the Coach. This was his first DP, and wanted to help him get comfortable as much as possible.
The last 8 mo. I've felt my inner ear disease grow worse, and didn't feel safe with it anymore. DW was no longer comfortable riding with me, and didn't feel up to the task of taking over the wheel.
To everyone here I wanted to say thanks for your advice, and help whenever it was needed. After just three years of ownership I felt like I could be a bus engineer.
If things for me get better, my first order of business will be looking for another Country Coach.
Brett
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2017, 02:01 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I know letting your coach go before you were ready had to be hard.

I hope things get better for you and you able to get back on the road.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:29 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry to hear you had to give up the coach. It is something all of us who love this sometimes crazy RV lifestyle will have to deal with at some point.

Wishing you the very best and hoping things improve so you can hit the road again.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:52 PM   #4
TR4

Brett,

WOW, that was a fast sale. I was very impressed with your coach when you gave me a tour three weeks ago, it was like new. The new owner should be very happy with his purchase.

Thanks for all your useful posts on irv2, I know they've helped me many times. And good luck with your inner ear treatment, we need to get you into another Country Coach.

Keep in touch, Bill
Old 07-31-2017, 10:11 PM   #5

Salute for doing what was probably the right thing to do intellectually - but one heck of a 'I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS!!!' move...

And cool that you took the time to help the new owner adjust to your, well their's, wheels.

Feeling your sadness, but also appreciate you're sharing what you have done... Not trying to get too off base here, but a few times I've seen RV'er's that really had waited too long to get off the road... (A danger to them, and others.).

Please keep sharing your knowledge here. And if things work out well, do get some new round shoes to roll down the road...
Best,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:15 PM   #6

Dang Brett, I had no idea! Sorry you had to sell her, but it takes a smart man realize that its time. Hope you heal up and get back on the road.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:25 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
That had to hurt. But, a wise move on your part. Hope things improve for you.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:43 AM   #8

Dang, didn't see that one coming.....Let's hope it has found as happy a home as you gave it.

As others have posted it is a wise man to see his limitations and make the difficult decision. I too think about it while cruising down the highway as I approach 74 with the cruise control on.

Please stay on the forum as you have a wealth of information to provide all of us and I especially enjoy your thoughtfulness when responding.

Wish you the best and get well soon.
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:18 AM   #9

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your kind words.
Yes, in the future we hope to buy another mh, it will probably have to be something my DW can drive. So she'll have to pick it out.
I will still be on here, to offer any help when I can. Even though I no longer own a Country Coach, I will always remain a huge fan.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:18 AM   #10

We will miss you Brett. That is a very sad sight I cannot imagine.

Rich 2002 Magna
birdhunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:12 AM   #11

Hope your Health improves!! Good luck to you
dmp1102 is offline   Reply With Quote