Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2021, 03:04 PM   #1

Question Water Temp Light comes on while climbing

2003 Country Coach Allure Cascade
Cummins Engine Dynamax Chassis

When we initially turn the key on and all the lights come on the dash, the water temp light "does not" come on.
When starting to climb a hill and the temperature gauges are at 191-192 the Water Temperature light comes on.
Took it in to a Cummins shop, they flushed/cleaned radiator inside and out, new antifreeze, new filters, new radiator cap and they checked the fans. They state engine and transmission is good. No problems. They said it was fixed.
Over $3000 later the problem is not fixed and the light is still coming on as mentioned before. This light continues to come on when got coach back.
Now they say it must be on the coach side and not on the Cummins engine side.

Can anyone shed some light on similar issues?
The Silverleaf diagnostics shows:
111 Coolant Sensor Fault
phreakpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2021, 03:10 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
The cooling systems on coaches are installed by the chassis builder, not Cummins. If you are indeed seeing 190-192 temperatures you should not be getting a high temp warning. That's about normal operating temperatures for both the Cummins engines I've had. They didn't even go into high speed fan mode until the temps hit about 210. You should hook up a ScanGauge D or similar diagnostic tool to see if those are actual temperatures as you may have a faulty high temp sensor.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 03:16 PM   #3

Welcome to iRV2.

In Monaco coaches of your vintage , separate sensors were installed by the coach manufacturer for gauges and lights , perhaps Country Coach did the same.
Old 09-19-2021, 03:43 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakpat View Post

When we initially turn the key on and all the lights come on the dash, the water temp light "does not" come on.

When starting to climb a hill and the temperature gauges are at 191-192 the Water Temperature light comes on.

Took it in to a Cummins shop, they flushed/cleaned radiator inside and out, new antifreeze, new filters, new radiator cap and they checked the fans. They state engine and transmission is good. No problems. They said it was fixed.

Over $3000 later the problem is not fixed and the light is still coming on as mentioned before. This light continues to come on when got coach back.

Different engine but the high coolant temp sender in my coach is separate from the temp gauge sender. I would bet yours is separate as well and would change it out to be sure. If it were me I would be pretty frustrated if Cummins didn’t test the sender and all that was need was a $35 part, if that turns out to be the case.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:25 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
I would not worry about the light until the temp gauge gets to 210. Even then, you are still probably ok as when the temp does get excessive, the motor will derate
Old 09-20-2021, 11:28 AM   #6

I believe the silver leaf gave you the correct answer
And as Russ stated swap out the coolant temperature sensor

Let us know what you do
Greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 02:15 PM   #7

I agree, change the sensor, with that code, first thing to do, always. The ECU knows what’s happening.
At 226°, you will get an alert of high temp, I believe 230° you will go into limp mode.
Hard to believe the dealer did all that work and you had that error code.
rampage42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:40 PM   #8

Thank You Everyone for your input. Took it to a shop in Colorado Springs and they diagnosed the problem as the Coolant Sensor and an Engine temp Sensor, immediately.
It will take them today to get it repaired and we can pick it up tomorrow.
Hopefully, this will take care of the problem.
phreakpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakpat View Post

111 Coolant Sensor Fault

I see you edited your original post , after : Rsponsford, LtDan and I responded ; please be aware that our posts would have been different , with your info about the code from your Silver leaf .

Hope you're fixed up and mobile soon .
Old 09-23-2021, 11:49 PM   #10

[QUOTE=phreakpat;5919824]2003 Country Coach Allure Cascade

111 Coolant

I had a similar issue. Simply put one sensor is working and one is not. When pulling on a hill the coach will create heat so that soft of tells me the warning light might.be the.correct one. I would put a mechanical guage on it and pull a hill. When the light comes on jump out and see what the mechanical guage says. I'm my case the fan was not kicking on in time
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 03:02 PM   #11

Great news
Do post back on your results
Greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:44 AM   #12

I have had the same issue for the past 20 years I have owned my Allure. Temp light would come on with the needle just past the 180 mark. The graduations on my gauge are very wide, 180 then 240 so I wasn't sure at what actual temp the light was coming on. I bought the Silverleaf software for my laptop which I use on the road so I could better see what was happening.

Well to my pleasant surprise the red light on the gauge came on when the Silverleaf showed 206 degrees but i still had a green bar on the Silverleaf. The yellow came on at 216 degrees and the red came on at 225 degrees on the silverleaf system.

I guess this is a FWIW post and hope you get your issue taken care of.
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, water