Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2020, 01:28 PM   #1

Webasto help

I have a Webasto coolant heater. From the looks of the trouble shooting guide I’m suppose to have power on B1,B2 and B4. I only have power on B2.
I have a Webasto electric box with two push button resets.
From the trouble shooting guide it says to check fuses F1,F2 and F3 that I have no idea we’re they are.

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2020, 03:46 PM   #2

Mike,

I'm not a Webasto guy but found this site on repair maybe it can help:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...aVzWx7JHzBD0d3

After reading a bit it seems there are two external fuse holders on the main by the batteries? the other nearby or in your webasto compartment.

Good luck
greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:51 AM   #3

If you have the old DBW 2010, the fuses are mounted right inside the Webasto enclosure.
Cdnw30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:59 PM   #4

I looked in the webasto box and didn’t see anything except for two push button circuit breakers.
I will look in the box again after work today.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:53 PM   #5

Mike,
What is it that isn't happening with the Webasto? I went thru a lot of troubleshooting with mine this winter and may be of some help depending on what you are seeing.
Thanks, Dan

2000 Magna #5788
dsiedschlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsiedschlag View Post
Mike,
What is it that isn't happening with the Webasto? I went thru a lot of troubleshooting with mine this winter and may be of some help depending on what you are seeing.
Thanks, Dan
When I have my thermostat set to furnace and turn on the heater switch the only thing that happens is the coolant pump runs.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:39 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Webasto tech support is very good. 810-593-6000 and listen to the prompts. I have trouble lately as well. You can download the maintenance manual for the DBW2010 from the Webasto site.

On page 44 is a schematic of the unit. Items 16 and 17 are thermostats. Pull the cover off and then pull the red and blue wire plug out and check continuity. Then do the same thing to the two green wires.

With your multimeter touch the red wire to pin B4 in the B Block and the black to pin 2 in A block. It is the ground. You should have positive voltage. That is my knowledge.
2000 CC Magna #5840 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Air Force One braking
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:12 AM   #8

Getting a little closer. When I changed out both of my ac’s last year I set both ac dip switch’s to furnace. I switched my rear ac furnace switch off and reset ccc2 thermostat and that gave me power on pin B1&2
I’m not good at electrical stuff and this trouble shooting guide makes me scratch my head.
Guide says I should have power on 1,2 and 4
Looks like 4 is a ground(traced it out and is a ground) how can you have power to it as guide says you should? That aside the ground is good. When I try and start unit it will run for 30-40 seconds and shut down. During this time I don’t hear the electrodes sparking.
So next I guess to see if transformer is getting power and if it is Im guessing bad transformer.
If it’s not getting power maybe the controller box.

Old 04-14-2020, 03:54 PM   #9

Looks like it’s the ignition coil. Pricey for what it is.
Don’t even know why I’m fixing it I never use it
Old 04-17-2020, 06:51 AM   #10

Parts came in.

Old 04-19-2020, 05:32 AM   #11

Well I now have spark but no fire.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:24 PM   #12

Got it to fire up today and she is smoking like a coal fired freight train.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:41 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
How long did you run it?

It may just need to run for a while to burn off the unburned fuel.

If it doesn't clear up, you may have to take it apart to clean the fan and combustion area.

The fuel nozzle can also be a problem. They run on very little pressure, so the nozzle being clear is critical.

It's been 10-15 years since I worked on Wabasto heaters, so my memory is a little foggy.

I might have a factory manual some place in my old tool box. I'll have to take a look.

HappyGlamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 04:32 AM   #14

Thanks Unplanned I have a service manual. I had a few nozzles laying around it calls for a 0.35 60S. I had and put in a 0.35 60B.
I didn't let it run very long maybe 1 min. it was smoking really bad. I am gonna see if I can get the correct nozzle today and another filter.
It still smokes after shutting it down manual says possible fuel solenoid piston is leaky.
I will get the correct nozzle and a filter and give it another shot. will report back.
Mike