Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2018, 05:18 PM   #1

What did you fix today?

I had a very productive day, I opened the bolted closed wet bay door and replaced the water filter then installed a new control panel for the aft head and while there I fixed the low water flow by removing the dirty screen the toilet solonoid valve.

Wife unit happy.
Captain Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2018, 09:02 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Happy wife, happy life
Old 02-02-2018, 06:08 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
While not today, I had to replace the Webasto controller box for my Aqua Hot while on this current trip. I had an authorized Aqua Hot tech here in Port Aransas, TX do the deed along with annual service on the unit. That little box is pricey....new is $900+ and reconditioned with a one year warranty is $575. I got a reconditioned box.

Otherwise, no other fixes. However, we will be traveling for another 3 weeks so there is still plenty of time for something to break
Old 02-02-2018, 11:30 PM   #4

I replaced the side mirrors on my 2003 Lexa with new ones which required me to pull the dashboard apart. Getting at the nuts/washers that hold the mirrors to the coach from the inside was much more of a pain than I expected and certainly a two man job (actually 1 man and 1 helpful daughter) In addition I replaced three of the 3 inch puck lights in the bathroom ceiling in order to reuse the gold bezels in the living room. Some of the gold bezels had discolored and or warped as a result of the heat. Good as new!
Burlroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:38 PM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
Finally got good enough weather to pull the vacuum pump for the toilet (Magnum-Opus 3048) A lot easier than I feared, now to clean up and install the "new & improved" pump motor and bellows, along with replacing the duck bill valves.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:13 AM   #6

If you're still RVing you're just between break downs.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #7

Just to say hi dave

hi see you aew working on your new ride,we been living in our magna for the last 3 months,love it ,we finly have our home sold for the 2nd time,hope this goes thur to closing on the 27,and then ehere headed west for alaska,i send you some pic of our updates,Charles,today i will be installing a trailer brake controller
driveit55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:27 AM   #8

Coach currently in shop getting auto leveling fixed for front and back levelers / control / HWH whatever. Did not want to wait till in Moscow IA in a few months. May have made a mistake not waiting.

Additional small parts, hose, spare water pump, and so on from Amazon, cabinet shop, water filter store piling up office to add to coach.

So far not awful expensive, so far.

Finding batteries for 50amp cord retractor and key fob alarm not easy. Had to use internet.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:38 AM   #9

Nothing. I played golf.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:59 PM   #10

Nothing, I drained the holding tanks
Old 02-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #11

In the last three weeks:
-Trans Service due to years on the Transyn. (Lab report came back looking pretty good too, but went ahead and had the fluid changed with the filter change.)
-Found out our oil lead was from a cracked composite oil pan, so new steel stamped installed.
-Gave up on trying to save my Starter/Chassis battery, replaced with a Lifeline 8D.
-Altered the location of the Maximum Signal 13" Magnetic antennas, used for both the Maximum Signal Amp (X's 1), or sometimes moved to the port of my MiFi in MIMO (Along with the second unit.). I keep experimenting with spacing and location of these antennas!
-Reprogrammed the Magnum MS2812 and the Classic150 to the Lifeline update of the Float values in their Feb, 2017 Technical Manual
-And still ongoing investigation of the interactions of the Magnum Smart Battery Combiner in our system. (Magnum as always, has been great with their tech support!)
-Had the tech doing the oil pan replacement show me that one of the hydraulic lines had been chafing. (One that I could not see well, with the skid plate attached.) So I got that sleeved for protection, and more zip ties and hose clamps to keep it better isolated.

And of course, now in getting ready to go mode, draining/sanitizing water, filter changes, etc. It's the fun time of the year for me!

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:18 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
OK, as noted I had three more weeks on this trip and plenty of time for something to break/go wrong. So, as we were getting ready this morning to leave Gulf Waters RV Resort in Texas, none of my three HWH hydraulic slides would retract. Lights come on but when retract switch pressed.....nothing.

Checked all fuses around the hydraulic motor/pump and all were good. Tapped on solenoids on either side of the pump but still no go. I found a 30 amp fuse labeled 'Slide Room Power' in the fuse panel in coach hallway. Pulled it and it looked good so put it back. Tried retract switch again and everything worked. So, not sure what was the case since the fuse was not blown and it was tight in the socket. Nevertheless, I have now replaced that fuse.

All seems OK until the next thing comes up.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:30 PM   #13

My husband started putting the ceiling insulation in our bus. I put polyurethane on my future kitchen sink counter. Then I decided to get epoxy. That is what I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon.
gonnawander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:13 PM   #14

Fixed my deadbolt found a wire off behind the door. Installed a iPod connection to the stereo, this was easy and fixed my back up camera so it stays on and doesn't go black screen sometimes.