Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2021, 05:07 PM   #1

What is this toggle switch for?

I borrowed this picture from another poster because I was literally on my way out to the RV to take the same picture! Anyway, what does the toggle switch in the middle of the picture do (connected to the relay)? I have a 2001 Intrigue but did not get a complete owners manual. Thanks in advance for the help and thanks to the previous poster for the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210103_115231.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	313462  
FlyingW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2021, 05:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW View Post
I borrowed this picture from another poster because I was literally on my way out to the RV to take the same picture! Anyway, what does the toggle switch in the middle of the picture do (connected to the relay)? I have a 2001 Intrigue but did not get a complete owners manual. Thanks in advance for the help and thanks to the previous poster for the picture.

On my 1998 Concept it is a chassis disconnect switch.
pogoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:20 PM   #3

Quote:
It runs the diagnostics for the ABS system (WABCO) and is VERY hard to come by if you break it. It is not just a lighted toggle switch, it is a specially circuited switch with blinks the trouble codes for the ABS when activated by a technician.

Mine was broken when I purchased by '01 Intrigue and the only place I could get one was through Visone Salvage and it was $$$.
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:26 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Fuelman is correct. Flip the switch, watch it blink, watch it some more and then decodeSomewhere I have the code on how to decode the blinks, I'll look
Old 01-04-2021, 05:26 PM   #5

You guys are awesome, thank you! I'll be sure to leave it alone and be careful when near it.
Christian
Old 01-04-2021, 05:56 PM   #6

Quote:
You guys are awesome, thank you! I'll be sure to leave it alone and be careful when near it.
Christian
I am on the East Coast and never could get through to Premier RV to see if a new switch was/is available. I hate having something that I KNOW doesn't work, so I bit the bullet and got the switch form Visone and fixed the issue.

The owners manual is not much help with this thing though, it only gives an electrical diagram and it did list a Country Coach OE part number but No mention of how it worked. I picked that up here on the forum in bits and pieces.

I do have the complete owners manuals for my coach if you ever do get stuck. I am glad to help you out anyway I can and would have no problem sending you copies of pages if you need a few from time to time. Some if the info is good, some is not that great. This Forum has been more helpful than the owners manual to be quite honest.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:20 PM   #7

I have the coach manual and the chassis manual in big binders. Not much basic info included so I assumed I was missing sections of it however sounds like it may be complete after all. Thanks for the offer, if I run across something I'll post it up. I just learned of the CC Owners club the other day but couldn't find much info about it, is it worth joining?

2001 Intrigue "Evening Star" #11290
Old 01-05-2021, 11:46 AM   #8

Quote:
I have the coach manual and the chassis manual in big binders. Not much basic info included so I assumed I was missing sections of it however sounds like it may be complete after all. Thanks for the offer, if I run across something I'll post it up. I just learned of the CC Owners club the other day but couldn't find much info about it, is it worth joining?

2001 Intrigue "Evening Star" #11290
I don't have enough info myself to make a decision on the club. Everything I see on here is Old posts so I did not pursue it any further. Maybe someone else can shed some more light on the subject.

I will add that I have not quite had my Coach for a year yet, but he wife and I really like it. I am still working through a few issues but I enjoy working on the thing. It's nice to have such a solid foundation and repairs are true repairs and not just Band-Aids.

After I get a few more necessary things taken care of, I want to tackle a carpet upgrade and a few other cosmetic items that are on the list of "Want-to-Do's".
Old 01-05-2021, 07:09 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Here is the ABS manual complete with codes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ABS Maintenance Manual(1).pdf (1.19 MB, 31 views)
Old 01-06-2021, 07:09 AM   #10

That is a huge help, thank you.

Can a moderator change the title of this thread to ABS Diagnostic Switch with Manual?
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Evening Star" #11290
Old 01-06-2021, 11:59 AM   #11

That is a great piece of info the have. Thanks Don. Never know when it might come in handy.

Tags
switch