Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2015, 02:09 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
What's in cabinet behind the Magna driver chair?

Looking at pictures of Magna and Intrigue Country Coach Motorhome rigs for sale, I see a cabinet behind and/or wrapping around the driver position.

I suspect there is a slide mechanism in that cabinet but doubt the mechanism requires the entire length of that cabinet.

Could most of that cabinet be removed to open up that area of the rig?
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2015, 02:45 PM   #2
laj

don't know what yrs. your looking at, but in mine it was customized. mine now stops behind the drivers seat instead of wrapping around. the wrap around is strictly to hold the drivers cup holder and looks.
my cabinet holds the bose sub wolfer and has a drawer in top.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:49 PM   #3

Dean, my '03 Magna console wrapping the drivers chair holds only the Bose sub woofer. My wife has plans for me to remove it. It is not related to the slide.
gsander1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our '09 Magna doesn't have it, no room as the slide comes right up to the back of the drivers seat. The sub woofer in ours is under the dinning table in a cabinet. The one in the bedroom is in the cabinet behind the TV.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:38 AM   #5

The rigs on my radar are 02 thru 04 Intrigue and Magna.

One of my beefs with our rig is that the driver chair cannot be rotated 90 or 180 degrees.

The cabinets appear to restrict that option on the target rigs and would be a candidate for removal if they are just a large cup holder/subwoofer spot.

Thanks for solving my question without my leaving my desk chair.....
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:04 AM   #6

Just double check that those chairs have the swivel option. Then as you said, and option is to remove the cabinet completely.

Our Bose 3-2-1 in our 04 Allure, had it's sub down under the kitchen sink. We have removed the Bose, and had the cab that held the sub removed. (More space for the DW, and if I add a lower sink extra set of filters, I now have more room. We replaced the Bose with an Marantaz receiver, Oppo BluRay, and having mounted Martin Logan 8" 2 way speakers in the ceiling. (I'm more into HiFi then Surround Sound, so was not interested in adding 5.1. The Matin Logan's will have plenty of base for HiFi. I did provide for a future sounder, but doubt I will add one in. But the wiring is all set up for anyone that may end up with this coach in the future!))

You know your CC's well, those years and models are in the sweet spot for CC. I had the Intrigue as my preferred coach while hunting, with the CAT. On CAT, I preferred the C12 over the C13, so that dropped me back a year. However, when the DW saw the galley in the High Cascade model of the Allure - it was game over... She did not care that Smitty wanted a BIG BLOCK!

Happy hunting!!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #7

"The rigs on my radar are 02 thru 04 Intrigue and Magna."

The little cabinet in the '02 Intrigue is just a little empty cabinet. I use it to store all the remotes it, I guess it could be removed. What limits the driver chair swing is the steering wheel, not the cabinet as it is attached to the slide and goes out with it so it is out of the way.

The same vintage Magna has less storage space for the same length of coach that the Intrigue. '02 was the last year CC made a 40ft Intrigue without a tag
Old 05-10-2015, 09:02 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We realize that our present coach will not be our last coach.

So, our search list has included Country Coach.

However, the inability of the driver's captain's chair to turn 180 degrees to become part of the 'livingroom' when parked is a deal breaker for us.

I write this to be able to find out if we can keep Country Coach on our list or not.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Jim View Post
We realize that our present coach will not be our last coach.

So, our search list has included Country Coach.

However, the inability of the driver's captain's chair to turn 180 degrees to become part of the 'livingroom' when parked is a deal breaker for us.

I write this to be able to find out if we can keep Country Coach on our list or not.

Jim
I'm not why it should be a deal breaker. We can turn the passenger seat around, and we have two Ekornes chairs and the couch. That means room for six folks in the living room--we don't want more in the coach than that. If you have two coaches with four slides, and put four folks at the dining table, I guess you could eleven folks in the coach--why don't you make those folks buy their own coach!
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:29 PM   #10

I'll add that our 04 Allure, allows both front seats to swivel around towards the rear.

So not all CC's have a restriction.

Happy shopping,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:28 AM   #11

I have an 06' Magna VanGogh. The way everyone is answering now I'm assuming you aren't talking about the upright cabinet against the outside wall behind the driver? In mine it holds the Silverleaf, and above that the CD disc changer and the Trackstar. I have a low Cabinet behind the driver's seat with countertop the matches the rest of the hard surface countertops. There are two pull out drawers facing the passenger seat. Small drawer up top that holds regestration, ID cards, walkie talkies and other assorted small stuff. The bottom drawer is tall and I keep some tools I might want to use without going into the basement, assorted 12v blade fuses and such. Behind the drawers on the wall side of the cabinet is the sub-woofer. Mine does not wrap around. Was that too much info? LOL...
Stratman50th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:25 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
I'm not why it should be a deal breaker. We can turn the passenger seat around, and we have two Ekornes chairs and the couch. That means room for six folks in the living room--we don't want more in the coach than that. If you have two coaches with four slides, and put four folks at the dining table, I guess you could eleven folks in the coach--why don't you make those folks buy their own coach!
Once we're parked, my absolute favorite chair in the entire 'house' is the captain's chair, turned around to face the 'living room'. But, now that you explain it that way, I guess I can find a different seat to sit in.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver