Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2018, 10:58 AM   #1

Wheel Alignment - Sacramento

I'm pretty sure I've got to get my toe-in and/or caster adjusted on my 45' 05 Affinity. The outside edges of the front tires are rapidly wearing and it usually pulls left. Who knows how to do a good alignment on a CC in Sacramento?
backagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #2

Backagain,

Can I ask what brand of tire do you have on the front? I ask because I had the same problem with Goodyears. After replacing them the problem disappeared. The tire guy said there was s problem with the belts inside the tire. Fairly common with the Goodyears I am told.

The motor home was pulling hard to the left, swopped the tires from side to side and then the motorhome pulled hard to the right.

Barney
07 Inspire 52059
Old 05-08-2018, 04:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyM View Post
Backagain,

Can I ask what brand of tire do you have on the front? I ask because I had the same problem with Goodyears. After replacing them the problem disappeared. The tire guy said there was s problem with the belts inside the tire. Fairly common with the Goodyears I am told.

The motor home was pulling hard to the left, swopped the tires from side to side and then the motorhome pulled hard to the right.

Barney
07 Inspire 52059
I have Sumitomo.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:57 AM   #4

Alignment was done at Henerson's Line-up in Grants Pass OR on a recommendation by Premier RV. They corrected toe-out and positive camber, and maxed out the caster. The front tires, which I replaced just before the alignment, were also suspect for belt movement. I had to replace them because of abnormal wear, and the fact that Mike Thompson's RV (the dealer were I bought the coach) put the incorrect tires on the front. They installed 12R22.5's which are under rated for my 18k LB GAWR front axle. So I probably over worked the tires. I and Mike Thompson's are lucky I didn't have a blow out.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:36 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I would suggest Sac Truck. They have a Motorhome Division.
LEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEMO View Post
I would suggest Sac Truck. They have a Motorhome Division.
Sac Truck doesn't do alignments on big RV's. They refer it to Les Schwab, who said "Yeah, I think we can do that"
Old 05-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
I would not trust Les Schwab to do a big truck alignment.

They broke one of my tire lugs, and then would not replace it, even though I had a spare lug, because they are not "mechanics".
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:56 AM   #8

West Coast did a good job for me. I have a large class A and they were very well equipped to handle the job.

3203-D West Capitol Ave
West Sacramento, CA

916-371-6100
Bill-MACV21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:59 AM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
You might try Bett's Truck Parts and Service. 1121 Striker Ave #100

www.BettsTruckParts.com

I used them to replace my rear axle bushings and do a Front Alignment.

The alignment basically was a non-event because I did not need an alignment per their report so I cannot give you a recommendation based upon corrected issues.

They also failed to do a procedure that I had ordered during their week of delay sourcing a part. I was not charged for that procedure.

But they seem to do quite a bit of business and have multiple outlets.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote