Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2022, 05:01 AM   #1

Wheel balancers

have 03 magna 42 resort looking into the centramatic wheel balancers are they a good investment and if so what part# for the correct ones
firedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2022, 10:01 AM   #2

They are good, I've used them before most people knew about them. On my higher mileage vehicles I did see an increase in tire life.

These will not only keep your rims/tires in balance but the entire rotating assembly.

Here is where you need to consider whether or not you need them on a Motorhome. How many miles do you put on your motorhome annually? If you don't put a lot of miles on then it's probably not going to help you in the tire life department. Your tires will Age Out long before you wear the tread out.

These won't fix Alignment issues. If your king pins (or ball joints) or other steering parts are worn out or misaligned you will wear out your tire prematurely anyways. If this is your problem spend the money on fixing your suspension and alignment.

If you are trying to create a smoother driving experience by using these I highly doubt you will see much improvement unless you have something fundamentally wrong with your rig. Again I think having a chassis shop fix the issue is money better spent.

Some people just buy these to avoid having to have their wheels rebalanced in the future. Unless you live on the dark side of the moon I personally can't see how this is an issue. But to each their own.

Only you can decide if these are for you. I think they are a great product so nothing wrong in that department.

As for sizing, just take it to the tire shop or call or visit Centramatic's website.

https://www.centramatic.com/balancers.rhtml

Good luck!
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:59 AM   #3

all very good points i appreciate them, i do put about 12 to 15k a year on my rig and the tires still have not wore down with 50k on them. yeah you right my coach now rides smooth as should with no issues. thank you again for the insight
firedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 05:34 PM   #4

One time investment, on a product that works...

Suggest calling Centramatics, and having them help you walk thru the process to determine the proper rings for you coach.

We just put a second full set on a coach, and it was always in the plan at the time of shifting from one coach, to another...

I do still pay for wheel balancing, as over an approximate 7 year life cycle, the amortized costs of balancing new tires on hour wheels, along with the Centrmatics - well, it's just not a major cost...

Enjoy your fine era of CC manufacturing!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 02:05 PM   #5

IMO..no you won't feel a difference and its not going to help them last longer.
I haven't seen very many OTR trucks using them and if anyone is looking for saving $ on tires its them. I've had a couple of trucks with them and removed and couldn't tell any difference.
2004 Magna 42' 3 slide Chalet CC#6315M
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 02:06 PM   #6

There GRRRRReat. I had Centramatic's on my last motorhome, started with doing the front I was so impressed I did the back tires also. I now have a class A and put in balancing beads in the front tires only which does the same thing......to me it's worth it. I will also be putting in a steering stabilizer which helps with blowouts and better control. I also installed a steering stabilizer in my last MH.

I also had a BMW LT1200 and put balancing beads in the front wheel. I always had a slight wobble until I put in balancing beads in the front tire.
dliterski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 08:25 AM   #7

I use equal beads in all tires. $20 per tire every 7 years and rides smooth.
'01 Country Coach Affinity 42 #6012 Cat C12 505hp
16 Wrangler
sbeers is offline   Reply With Quote