Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2021, 07:55 PM   #71
Community Moderator

Update -
I followed Don's advice on post #63, wipe n' wrap. It didn't take me long to spot the leak after just one full cycle of slide out and in - sure enough it was the bad crimp on one of the hoses to the pump. I'll get the crimping tool to recrimp it to see if it will stop, or I'll cut it off and redo it for good. Whew, Salute to Don, and everyone else who gifted me the words of wisdom.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2021, 09:29 PM   #72

Country Coach Owners Club
Steve, if I were you, I would cut off the old connector and install a new one, hopefully you have enough hose to reach. Re crimping an old crimp usually doesn't work so well.

Let us know when you are ready to tackle the other problem
Old 01-29-2021, 11:00 AM   #73
Community Moderator

Just ordered the crimping tool, it should get here in a few days...
------------------------------------
Now, the self leveling...

At the time being, I have made some progress - tightened the screws on the HWH control board under the dash, cleaned/reseated the aux pump wires, reattached the wiring at the back of the HWH touch pad. I got the communication back - the buttons showed up, the pump was pumping, but, the coach didn't move up or down for the buttons pressed...

Don, what is the direction from here?
Old 01-29-2021, 01:11 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
Just ordered the crimping tool, it should get here in a few days...
------------------------------------
Now, the self leveling...

At the time being, I have made some progress - tightened the screws on the HWH control board under the dash, cleaned/reseated the aux pump wires, reattached the wiring at the back of the HWH touch pad. I got the communication back - the buttons showed up, the pump was pumping, but, the coach didn't move up or down for the buttons pressed...

Don, what is the direction from here?
Drop back 20 and punt

Ah, we'll get it. Let me think. Sounds like all the wiring is ok. I have only been in the control box once long time ago so are there any relays in it? If so, might want to give them a few love taps. My experience is with older electronics and you would be surprised what you can find with a small plastic hammer.

Maybe someone will chime in now that it has been established that we have no jacks and that power steering hoses are not in the under driver compartment.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:09 PM   #75
Community Moderator

When exhausted all options, I'd drop back and punt.

Pulled out the pneumatic schematic, D59 "6 valve air manifold" got my attention. It's part of computer air leveling kit, in between the compressor and airbags. Total two of them... Could both be failed at the same time? Unlikely. Now go back to check the source - does the compressor put out air? ...

Like the Energizer, still going and going ...
Old 01-29-2021, 08:08 PM   #76

What is the status of the coach now? At ride height, all air dumped or something in between?

With the panel on, the pump should run if the coach needs leveled. Might be a good idea to see if the pump runs. The pump is a cheap thing with few moving parts. If it is the pump I'm thinking about, the rubber plug at the end can be removed so you can se if it is bound up.
Stick 12 volts to it and see what happens
Old 01-29-2021, 08:10 PM   #77

Is the coach level?

Can you dump air and then try to level?
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:19 PM   #78
Community Moderator

Don and Dean -

Afternoon I ran the engine, it went to travel mode. I then did two tests:
(1) With engine running, dumped the air, and activated the self leveling, the front-right corner showed yellow (I had known it was low in the corner) after awhile it didn't level.
(2) I then turned the engine off, activated the self leveling, the pump was kicked off. The same thing happened for front-right, it didn't lift up, and no sign of "excessive slope". It just sit there and kept pumping. After about 10 minutes I shut it off.

On next Tuesday I'll hit the road again, and will have a chance to test it in a different pad. Between now and then I'll crawl under the front-right wheel to check the air lines, and the pump in the front run bay.

(I am thinking the HCV on the front-right corner (actually every corner) is good, otherwise it won't go to travel mode. The issue isn't a pump specific, cuz on engine it doesn't do it either... It has to be a governer/controller or something like air manifold doesn't deliver air to the corresponding airbag(s)... Making sense?).
Old 01-29-2021, 09:40 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
Don and Dean -
Afternoon I ran the engine, it went to travel mode. I then did two tests:
(1) With engine running, dumped the air, and activated the self leveling, the front-right corner showed yellow (I had known it was low in the corner) after awhile it didn't level.

This was trying to level using the engine compressor which is your primary tool.

(2) I then turned the engine off, activated the self leveling, the pump was kicked off. The same thing happened for front-right, it didn't lift up, and no sign of "excessive slope". It just sit there and keep pumping. After about 10 minutes I shut it off.

Here you are trying to level using the 12vdc auxiliary compressor.

On next Tuesday I'll hit the road again, and will have a chance to test it in a different pad. Between now and then I'll crawl under the front-right wheel to check the air lines.

I would first think that both your compressors are working.

But neither will raise the the passenger side to level.

Front passenger Air bag or air lines leading to that air bag may be the problem.

I am assuming that your air tank gauges show @ 120 psi during the whole test.

Checking those lines with the engine running and the leveling command activated, you might hear a leak or see soap bubbles in that area.

Be careful under there. The rig can come crashing down
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:05 PM   #80

Countryfit, did you say it would not level in manual mode either?

Mine acted up once and would not auto level but would allow me to manual adjust. Next trip it did just fine in auto again. Sounds to me like either one of the solenoids or relays is sticking or has just gone bad.

Keep at it, you do seem to be making progress anyway.
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:57 AM   #81
Community Moderator

Don - I somehow skipped your questions yesterday... The air was dumped the last and the coach stays down for now.

Dean - Yes the air pressure by engine was at 120psi. Checking air lines and the controls is on my focus today, for all wheels for the auxiliary lines.

dfuelman - You were correct, manual adjustments yielded nothing.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:15 AM   #82

Next time, pull into your spot, kill the motor and then try to level. Do not dump air first, start with the coach at ride height. I don't turn the system on forst, I just hit the level button twice.

HWH starts leveling from the rear. If you are dumped, there is place for the rear to go other than up and I don't remeber having my rear jacked up by the pump
Old 02-04-2021, 09:55 PM   #83
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Next time, pull into your spot, kill the motor and then try to level. Do not dump air first, start with the coach at ride height. I don't turn the system on forst, I just hit the level button twice.

HWH starts leveling from the rear. If you are dumped, there is place for the rear to go other than up and I don't remeber having my rear jacked up by the pump
You were exactly right, Don. After 300 miles drive I arrived in a new RV park today. Upon arrival, I did just the way you described, it leveled as supposed to. Whew, I can finally put this behind.

Much obliged for all of you guys' assistance.

Tags
leak