Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2023, 10:50 AM   #1

which sikaflex

My headlights are held in place on the nose piece with black adhesive which is hard and n not flexible at all, like silicone would be. I have a new set of headlights, not cloudy,and will change them out. Of the many sikaflex numbers, which one should I purchase to do this job? There a are many different types for sale online, with description lacking in many cases. Need a black, hard and rigid tube application to get this done.
jonemw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2023, 04:10 PM   #2

I'm using Sika-221 to hold the stainless steel panels in place on bay doors and the rear hatch of our bus.

It comes in a number of color options.
While they sell it at Camping World, I ended up having to order from Amazon as all of the tubes at CW were expired on the shelf and hard as a rock.

https://usa.sika.com/en/industry/pro...aflex-221.html
jberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 09:46 PM   #3

I use chemlink M1. I like sikaflex products for concrete but sometimes they get to confusing. The black M1 is moisture cure so high humidity just cures faster and it seems to be easy to form. I think its just polyurethane.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 08:50 AM   #4

I use 715 seems to work great.
2004 Magna 42' 3 slide Chalet CC#6315M
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 11:56 AM   #5

Thanks so much for the input. Going into research mode now. The 7q5 number is not one I have seen b4.
Old 06-05-2023, 11:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonemw View Post
My headlights are held in place on the nose piece with black adhesive which is hard and n not flexible at all, like silicone would be. I have a new set of headlights, not cloudy,and will change them out. Of the many sikaflex numbers, which one should I purchase to do this job? There a are many different types for sale online, with description lacking in many cases. Need a black, hard and rigid tube application to get this done.
I just redid the headlights and turn/park lights in my 2003 Lexa with black Sikafles 252 from Amazon. Was perfect. I taped headlights in place and let dry 24 hours before driving the coach and aiming my new projector headlights.

Took me 2 tubes for all 4 light fixtures.

AP Products 017-90916 Sikaflex-252, Black https://a.co/d/58yyfN4

Used a linoleum knife, paint scraper, and razor to remove the old lights. Was more straightforward than I expected. It helped to have someone to hold the lights while i went out front to ensure they were fitted perfectly, took some minor adjustments to get all the gaps looking perfect.

It was rubbery while applying but dries hard, harder than silicone but more like hard tire rubber, not rock hard like epoxy. Was able to smooth it with a putty knife. My old sealant that I removed, presumably also Sikaflex, was similar.
Skypalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:22 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Hi Jonemw, Country Coach used SikaFlex 221 to put the headlights in originally. Tape off where you don't want it. Isopropol Alcohol will clean it when it is wet. Nothing to remove it when dry, except for sharp tools. Wear nitrile gloves and be careful it does not transfer to your clothes or anywhere you don't want it.

The Sika 221 is used all over your coach as a permanent glue or caulking.

When you open a tube it is good for a few days if you seal it well or keep removing the plug that forms in the nozzle.

Great compound but messy to work with.
Old 06-12-2023, 12:38 PM   #8

very good info from all, many thanks. I had figured that 221 was likely the way to go, glad to know it dries rigid but lightly flexible. Will get going on this as soon as my guests leave.....