Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2022, 02:47 PM   #1

Window thingamathings..

Anybody know what these are called and where I can order?

Prefer thick rubber if available. Seems mine are mostly hard plastic and rattle around in the little tracks.

They fit into these slots on the windows. RV Glass Guru guy said they cut down wind noise.

Cheers,
Chris HClick image for larger version

Name:	20220620_133833.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	368840Click image for larger version

Name:	20220620_133841.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	368841
2005 CC Magna #6503
a250gpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2022, 02:50 PM   #2

Yes they fit over the widow track drain holes, you don't want tight fitting rubber ones because the tracks will then fill with water and over flow into the interior of the rig. Check with your dealer to get the originals. They are called RV window weep hole covers or RV window drain covers.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 03:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
Yes they fit over the widow track drain holes, you don't want tight fitting rubber ones because the tracks will then fill with water and over flow into the interior of the rig. Check with your dealer to get the originals. They are called RV window weep hole covers or RV window drain covers.
Copy Thankyou!
Ch
2005 CC Magna #6503
a250gpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 11:07 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Weep hole covers

I know these things well, they fly off every time you touch them. I believe Amazon has them, just remember left or right side with the tapered closed end towards front of coAch. Stone
Stonefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:40 PM   #5

I had the same problem. Found them at https://leisurervparts.com/
Born to roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:16 PM   #6

Don’t block the hole but put a dap of clear silicone oh the tabs where they push in or you will never hang on to them.
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:26 PM   #7

They stay on fine when driving thru hurricanes and tornados but as soon as you go to wash the coach they fall off!
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:14 AM   #8

Leasure Rv has then for a reasonable price, Note: there are left and right hand versions.
https://leisurervparts.com/left-side...-cover-driver/
jwlce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:20 AM   #9

Oregon Motor Coach in Eugene has them, we just got both sides from them.
'01 Country Coach Affinity 42 #6012 Cat C12 505hp
16 Wrangler
sbeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:52 PM   #10

An observation... These are L and R for sure... And that covers 99.765478% of the time (Well, approximately!), but I'll share an experience we've had...

On a site in Newport, OR's Pacific Shores Motorcoach Resort (That we are pleased to be an owner, and love the location, location, location!!!) - an occasional 'wind' will drift in not oh so softly from/off the Pacific... And, this Pacific Northwest region, will 'sometimes' get wind and rain at the same time...

On our site. The backend of the coach faces towards the Southwest. During these wind/rain events - we've had 70-85 knot wind/rain - resulting in moisture blowing in thru the opened rear end, up thru the weep holes... And well, we've had moisture overflow from the felt track of the window.

We have an inventory of quite a few of these weep hole covers, and will continue to use them until gone. (And yeah, we use a dab of clear silicone when putting them into the weep holes too, and it helps!). For now, when heavy winds and rain are forecasted from a direction towards the back end of the coach. We put a bit of blue painter's tape on the open end. This stops the wind blowing the rain, suppose I should call it mostly horizontal rain, from blowing in and up thru the window weep holes.

I've seen, and when our stock get's low I'll try to source, weep hole covers with no open end's - just opened to the bottom. I'm 'hoping' these will not be letting wind driven rain, work it's way up thru the weep holes!

(I've not tried to source these yet... So if they're no longer available, my apologies about being another potential option for weep hole covers!)

And a side comment. I've walked many used coaches over the years. And my experience is that if an owner has let 'multiple' (One, could be a recent fluke of RV ownership!) weep hole covers get lost and not replaced. Well, it talks about the care of the coach in general on a very inexpensive item... SO, I always look much closer when seeing this, especially on larger ticket items!

(Slow afternoon - so not as 'brief' usual...)

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind, window