RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:39 AM   #15

I did happen to see a dashboard and the one on my Chevy Sonic is a better quality/looks
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2017, 09:43 AM   #16
RVM #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Too bad you couldn't have gotten a picture of that.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:12 PM   #17
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
CC Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
The Dynomax Chassis is forever written in the history books.
Don't know how many of you have spent time underneath your coach. I have spent more hours than I would like, looking for air leaks, tightening up clamps on coolant lines, greasing, and just looking things over.
Lots of people, when buying a coach, they have no idea what they are riding on.
I am not no engineer, but I can tell you the Dynomax is one beefy, and solid looking constructed chassis.
I totally agree with your assessment!
I have owned several Class A MHs in the last ten years including Allegro Bus, Essex, 2008 CC Affinity, and a 2008 Newell. While the Affinity was not exactly like the Newell, it was far better made than others. In fact, it had some features that my Newell didn't have like the Vorad Collision avoidance system. The quality and workmanship in the Affinity was tops! I was a bit disappointed, however, that it took me over a year to sell it!

All the best!
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:42 PM   #18

I was there at the end of May, and was told, FWIW, that former CC chassis engineers where working with Freightliner to reproduce, or come up with a Dynomax replacement.

IMHO, the problem with Winne reviving the CC brand, is the corporate culture at Winne. Push em out asap and deal with issues later.
backagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:21 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain View Post
I was there at the end of May, and was told, FWIW, that former CC chassis engineers where working with Freightliner to reproduce, or come up with a Dynomax replacement.

IMHO, the problem with Winne reviving the CC brand, is the corporate culture at Winne. Push em out asap and deal with issues later.
That's interesting. FWIW, one of the guys in the CC chassis shop told me last September that he expected Winnebago to use a special build Spartan chassis if they ever decided to build CC's again.

In any case, it is more that whose chassis they use. The Dynomax was semi monoque (sp?) design so it was more than simply bolting or screwing pre fab walls onto a chassis like most production rigs.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:50 PM   #20

It really doesn't make any difference. Winney cannot make a CC at a price point they want.

When I was there buying my supply of CC wearables, I walked by an office where I overheard " If that happens we are in deep s---"

Now, hopefully you can figure out what the "s" word is. I got
"banned" because I used the same thing in a past post referring to topes
Old 06-14-2017, 11:59 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I was there a couple weeks ago buying a jacket and trying to get a part for a Girard awning. Happend to mention the Dynomax chassis coming back. The comment made was "That"ll never happen". To protect the guilty I won't identify who made the comment but it was from a source that would know.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:05 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Obviously all we can do is speculate what Winnebago may or may not do. But, for those of us who love and appreciate what CC was, it is fun to speculate .

I think WGO will be taking a serious risk on building anything that approaches what we would consider a CC in terms of build quality. Anything like that would probably start at a selling price north of $700K and there seems to be a limited demand for coaches in that range. Also, there is a lot of competition there.....Entegra Cornerstone, Newmar's Essex, LA and King Aire and Foretravel's Realm. Then you got folks who will and can spend really big bucks for Newells and Prevost conversions. I think it is just not in Winnebago's wheelhouse and unless they were to really hit a chord with folks who know and appreciate CC, it is a risk they will decide is not worth it.

At this point, I'm just happy that there are still CC resources (tech info, experienced techs, factory service options) available for those of us who have these aging beasts.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #23

Country Coach owners are special people who see real quality in construction.

But let's be honest. Most buyers today, and those coming up in the near future don't care about what Chassis they are riding on.

Friends, who drive newer coaches, joke with me saying I'm driving around a lumber yard.

Winnebago may use the name "Country Coach" but we all know it won't be built to the standards, and pride of construction that we all know so well. Today's population don't see what we see.
bneukam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:46 AM   #24

Totally agree, you already have the best, because you already bought it. Just don't think that you can build a CC with same quality/price in todays dollars. Where have all the suppliers gone that supported CC and how about the people?
Old 06-15-2017, 12:29 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
Totally agree, you already have the best, because you already bought it. Just don't think that you can build a CC with same quality/price in todays dollars. Where have all the suppliers gone that supported CC and how about the people?
Some of them started their own business servicing CC's and hired some of the other ex CC employees.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #26

That has been my experience as well. I do frequent a number of business that have hired X-CC employees. Will be stopping in Junction City/Eugene middle of July and visiting some of them.

Tags
winnebago