Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2020, 11:35 AM   #1

Winnebago No Longer support Country Coach

I called yesterday to order a switch need for my 2008 Country Coach Tribute 260. I was told as of 6/10/20 Winnebago is no longer supporting any Country Coach parts. What a dissapointment that they would leave all the CC owner out in the cold without any notice. No even to be able to to give us notice to put an order of parts that we may need now or int he future. I for one will never buy a Winnebago proct or advice anyone I know to.
Racerx80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2020, 01:33 PM   #2

I can understand your frustration but doesn’t everything have a reasonable end-of-life for support? I don’t know your coach, but is it something that can’t be replaced with a generic switch?
Old 06-18-2020, 01:48 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Yep, that is a hell of a way to do business! I sent an email to them expressing the same things you mentioned plus several other subjects. Winnebago did not stand behind a lemon M/H that I purchased new back in 1973. After "sorta fixing" about 30 problems they refused to pay any more warranty claims. The dealer refused to fix anything else unless I paid in advance! With less than 10,000 miles on it, I had to practically give it away to get rid of it. Very, very poor customer service and dealer support!
2005 Country Coach Inspire Quad Slide w/C9-400 Kitty Kat, 2013 Honda CR-V, "RVing since 1968". Escapee #27953, FMCA #12697, Good Sam Life Mbr.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerx80 View Post
I called yesterday to order a switch need for my 2008 Country Coach Tribute 260. I was told as of 6/10/20 Winnebago is no longer supporting any Country Coach parts. What a dissapointment that they would leave all the CC owner out in the cold without any notice. No even to be able to to give us notice to put an order of parts that we may need now or int he future. I for one will never buy a Winnebago proct or advice anyone I know to.

There are a few places still to get parts. There is OMC Oregon Motorcoach Center | Premium RV Service Center | Eugene, OR, Premier RV https://www.premierrvservices.com/service/,

Carrier and sons

RV Service - Carrier RV Service Center - Eugene, Oregon

all in Junction City along with

Kevin Waite (Former Country Coach Service Tech. & Owner)

K&M Mobile RV Repair LLC
95430 Noraton Rd.
Junction City, OR. 97448

541-953-6162 (Cell)
kvn.wt.7629@gmail.com
Please feel free to contact me for service, parts and assistance with your motorhome.

2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hopefully Winnebago will promptly sell the former CC intellectual property ( drawings, parts lists, specs., remaining parts and molds ) at auction or directly at a fair price to one of you 3rd parties who support CC.

It's interesting that Winnebago employees are saying CC is no longer supported at all as of 6/10 yet the Winnebago web site: CountryCoach.com continues un-changed still saying it's supported.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:55 PM   #6

Bitchy Boy

"I can understand your frustration but doesn’t everything have a reasonable end-of-life for support? I don’t know your coach, but is it something that can’t be replaced with a generic switch?"

I was really happy when Winnebago bought Country Coach back a few years ago. I even went to the Grand National Rally in IA the summer after the purchase. Thing is Country Coach was doing fine before the Winnie purchase and I had been there for service several times with good results. I understand that several months ago the Winnebago stock crashed and they got worried. But since April Winnie stock has surged 300%+. Country Coach owners would have been better off if ownership had remained in the Junction City area. Winnebago made all kinds of promises like bringing out a new CC model. Didn't happen.

But I don't care much. Mine has been paid off for years and still is a very good coach. I have had mine fixed all over the United States without any problem so I guess things will be just fine.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:50 AM   #7

I can’t imagine that this won’t hurt resale value.

Most of us know the resources we have available but to an unknown country coach prospective purchaser they may be spooked.

Just a thought. Still love mine and hope someone buys what’s left and actually does something with it.

Tom
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 12:02 PM   #8

Very much like the idea of a buyer that could really do something with CC.

Still hope the bird of paradise flies up their nose
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #9

Quite a kick to the gut for Newmar owners that were hoping the new step parent would be kind.

Forgive the ignorance but what parts would be proprietary? Not like Country Coach or Winnebago make their own engines, transmissions or other major mechanical gear.

Having said above GM and Ford still make many parts for their vehicles 20+ years out of production. Any one ever purchase a crate motor to restore a classic car?
KenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:15 AM   #10

I have pages and pages of all the items that went into my coach that where supplied by someone else.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:38 AM   #11

Isn't the Dynomax chasis specific to the CC coach? Any issues getting parts in the future?
SGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:00 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGhost View Post
Isn't the Dynomax chasis specific to the CC coach? Any issues getting parts in the future?
It is a unique design, but the components used are pretty standard. I don't foresee parts concerns for the DynoMax chassis. For example Air bags are Off The Shelf Firestone/Goodyear. IFS are either Ridell(SP?) or Neway. Rear ends are Dana or SOB's, but standard in heavy to medium trucking. HWH for air leveling, etc.

IMO, the lack of single source parts identification support - is an ongoing impact to CC owners. (We've had our coach since early 2010, and I never called the restarted CC for parts support. As from my understanding, their old computer system was never converted over to new technology from when they restarted up out of bankruptcy. As I recall, for awhile CC wanted to charge $20 or $25 to provide parts support research?

I support the notion that that is an untapped source of revenue for a company. Probably too small of volume for WBO to consider. But if someone could buy those on data files and convert them over into a useable/access format. They could provide parts identification support for CC owner's. And that is something I'd be willing to pay a reasonable service fee to use. Either each time I needed help, or possibly a yearly fee. And for a company that is already running a service shop and have Parts Manager's overhead, this could be another source of revenue.

And please note that while I've never called CC for tech support on parts sourcing, I see value in that service...

$.02!

Best to you, and all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:54 AM   #13

I just called on CC for parts. The wind bent the wiper arm, looked and looked and CC had the answer. Seems Smitty and I are on the same page regarding someone buying the "files" and making it work as a business. The "files" didn't they disappear after WGO purchased CC? I can look in the couch for some change to start a "go fund me" website.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
Bitchy Boy

"I can understand your frustration but doesn’t everything have a reasonable end-of-life for support? I don’t know your coach, but is it something that can’t be replaced with a generic switch?"

I was really happy when Winnebago bought Country Coach back a few years ago. I even went to the Grand National Rally in IA the summer after the purchase. Thing is Country Coach was doing fine before the Winnie purchase and I had been there for service several times with good results. I understand that several months ago the Winnebago stock crashed and they got worried. But since April Winnie stock has surged 300%+. Country Coach owners would have been better off if ownership had remained in the Junction City area. Winnebago made all kinds of promises like bringing out a new CC model. Didn't happen.

But I don't care much. Mine has been paid off for years and still is a very good coach. I have had mine fixed all over the United States without any problem so I guess things will be just fine.
Thanks for the fun nick name.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
country coach, winnebago